TravelTalkOnline

Yacht Exchanges

Posted By: Rock_Toy

Yacht Exchanges - 10/11/2017 09:19 PM

Not sure where to start with this but I figured that this would be as good a place as any. We recently purchased a vacation property in Sayulita, Mexico and have been toying with the idea of potentially exchanging it for a yacht charter in the BVI's. We have sailed the BVI's close to a dozen times now and look forward to returning, so we thought that it might be a good idea to leverage our home in MX. I am aware of home exchanges online but I have not run into any boat exchanges. Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

And if anyone has a boat and would consider it, here is our place in Sayulita: Casa Jungla
Posted By: captmoby

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 10/11/2017 11:20 PM

Pretty much most of us on this board that had yachts there have lost them to Irma. Otherwise I would be interested.
But we are shopping for a new one.

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 10/12/2017 01:07 AM

Yea, I figured as much. As everyone replaces them, I am sure that there might be interested. Hit me up if and when does does happen. I'll continue to check in here.
Posted By: LittleBird

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 10/13/2017 01:54 PM

A "yacht exchange" is a great idea. I would love to trade some time on my boat in the Caribbean for some time on a sweet yacht in the Med or in a pretty little home in Mexico.

Nice to see a post that doesn't relate directly to Irma.

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 01/23/2018 08:57 PM

Checking in here to see how everyone is doing. Looks like folks are getting boats back in the water. If anyone is looking for an exchange in the future, drop me a line. I am always interested!!

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 01/23/2019 09:05 PM

So its been a year and it looks like a lot of boats are back in the water. Anyone know whether or not there is a formal exchange website established? And if not, anyone interested in putting together a little trade? I have the Ilons on my brain....
Posted By: mainesailor

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 01/23/2019 10:03 PM

I've seen this site though not much in the BVI ...... https://www.sailum.com/

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 01/24/2019 07:20 PM

Good to know. I have seen a few websites that offer boat exchanges but not boat for home exchanges.

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 09/09/2020 12:53 AM

Soooo, anyone looking to exchange for a house in Sayulita, MX? We are ready to head back to the BVI's.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 09/09/2020 12:57 PM

Rock Toy--You'd better read up a little here before you say that you're ready to go back to the BVI as apparently, the BVI isn't ready for you, or any tourists!!

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 09/09/2020 02:50 PM

Thanks for the kind post, Carol. I am planning ahead. Obviously, its end of days right now (we are on fire out here on the West Coast) but I'm looking forward to better days. Nothing wrong with setting up something to look forward to, right?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Yacht Exchanges - 09/09/2020 03:16 PM

Absolutely. Something to look forward to is about all we're hanging onto at the moment.. Best wishes.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline