TravelTalkOnline

C & I - have that return ticket just in case

Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

C & I - have that return ticket just in case - 10/13/2017 04:11 PM

an update from Casey at DIVE BVI...and a very important word on C and I for folks going down like Malcolm. According to Walker in another post a round trip ferry ticket suffices?

Speaking of Customs and Immigration: Now that they are getting back to work and re-establishing the usual systems, you should know that regardless of your intent to assist or volunteer or if you have a home or other interest in the BVI, you could run into challenges with these offices. If you have a work permit, residential status, or Landholders permit - it is recommended that you go ahead and purchase a return ticket and have it with you. Even though this is legally not required, there has been some missinterpretation of these laws that are hanging up good samaritans.

her whole update is here with pics, just amazing https://www.facebook.com/divebvi/posts/10155750510906310
Posted By: wmangum

Re: C & I - have that return ticket just in case - 10/13/2017 07:55 PM

If you are a U.S. citizen, a one-way ferry ticket to St. Thomas satisfies the requirement for a return ticket. Ferry tickets have no date, do not expire, and only cost $40.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: C & I - have that return ticket just in case - 10/13/2017 08:42 PM

When I entered on 10/7 we were not asked to provide proof leaving. I will say that the C&I situation is a disgrace. We were treated like pieces of dirt even though we were bringing in relief supplies. We almost had to beg to get in. There was six people in the customs booth. One was sleeping, one was tuning out to his ear buds and three pretended we were not there. It took 45 minutes to clear six people with no one in front of us.
Bottom line is don't expect to be welcomed regardless of your intentions or paperwork.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: C & I - have that return ticket just in case - 10/13/2017 09:00 PM

So things are back to normal.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: C & I - have that return ticket just in case - 10/13/2017 09:51 PM

God forbid they get their sh*t together and follow the written guidelines. Karma is gonna be a bitch when they get laid off due to no tourism if they keep up their b.s.
Posted By: CGB

Re: C & I - have that return ticket just in case - 10/14/2017 12:54 AM

LOL... things truly are back to normal
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: C & I - have that return ticket just in case - 10/15/2017 09:18 PM

When we arrived on 9/30, both customs and immigration were very helpful and efficient. We were not asked for any return travel information other than the date we planned to leave. The processed about 50 people from a Native Son boat in record time with no computers and customs basically waved us thru.

I was entering with a new passport that did not yet have my work permit stamp. Even that was not an issue. The officer asked for the old passport and reminded me to stop at immigration the following week for a new stamp.
Posted By: ski2play

Re: C & I - have that return ticket just in case - 10/16/2017 01:41 PM

All good info Laura and Jason, thanks. We are headed in Nov 4 final stop East End of Jost Van Dyke.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline