TravelTalkOnline

Potter's By The Sea

Posted By: wmangum

Potter's By The Sea - 10/16/2017 12:51 PM

Potter's By The Sea, destroyed by Hurricane Irma, needs help rebuilding. Many of us have enjoyed some great nights partying at Potter's. Let's give Potter some help so that the party will go on!

https://www.gofundme.com/irma-support-anegada-rebuilding
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Potter's By The Sea - 10/16/2017 05:11 PM

I've had some fun evenings, and some great lobster, at Potter's. Glad to help a little.
Posted By: Gremlin

Re: Potter's By The Sea - 10/19/2017 10:02 PM

Walter, is this separate from the Anegada Relief Fund?
Posted By: wmangum

Re: Potter's By The Sea - 10/19/2017 10:39 PM

Yes. The Anegada Relief Fund is to rebuild housing for families. None of it will go to businesses, bars, or restaurants.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Potter's By The Sea - 10/20/2017 04:48 AM

I still have a certificate for food from his last venture when he needed to replace his dock which I never used. I liked that approach much more than outright donations, even though in the end it might work out the same.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Potter's By The Sea - 10/20/2017 11:32 AM

Zanshin said:
I still have a certificate for food from his last venture when he needed to replace his dock which I never used. I liked that approach much more than outright donations, even though in the end it might work out the same.

I donated to Potter the last time. At some point shouldn't he buy insurance?
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Potter's By The Sea - 10/20/2017 02:41 PM

I just reread my post - what terrible grammar, I should have written "I still have a certificate for food which I never used from his last venture to replace his dock", consider I did use the dock several times smile
I think that insurance might be prohibitively expensive at his location.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: Potter's By The Sea - 10/20/2017 07:07 PM

The cost of not having insurance can be huge when you are hit by a cat 5 Hurricane. I redeemed my certificate after the last hurricane. I would gladly do the same thing this go around Instead of a donation
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline