TravelTalkOnline

New Trip Video

Posted By: mattt

New Trip Video - 01/16/2018 12:34 AM

The trip was actually back in May, but I've been busy with other things. Finally finished it up this weekend

I hope you enjoy it!

https://vimeo.com/251232997

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 706jim

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/16/2018 03:07 AM

Nicely done. What length was your sailboat in this video?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/16/2018 04:06 AM

Wish it was like that now..

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/16/2018 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Manpot
Wish it was like that now..

I know. It's bittersweet.

Originally Posted by 706jim
Nicely done. What length was your sailboat in this video?

This was BVI Yacht Charter's "Allegro", a 41 ft, which appears to still be in the fleet.
Posted By: Freedom21

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/16/2018 11:35 AM

When in May were you there? My friend and I were there 15-22 May on Syros, a 2007 Beneteau 43.3, out of BVI Yacht Charters. It was a test week to see if he was going to buy it from them. We had such a great week sailing it that he did eventually seal the deal to buy it. It was going to stay in the fleet another year which would have worked out well for his timings. Unfortunately he only owned it for 39 days before Irma destroyed it. Luckily, it was fully insured through BVI Yacht Charters and they were prompt with their payment. Judging by the full moon in one shot you may have been there the week before us. Nice job on the video, brought back lots of memories of our week.
Posted By: BEERMAN

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/16/2018 12:22 PM

Mattt, I enjoyed that! Thanks for sharing.

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/16/2018 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Freedom21
When in May were you there? My friend and I were there 15-22 May on Syros, a 2007 Beneteau 43.3, out of BVI Yacht Charters. It was a test week to see if he was going to buy it from them. We had such a great week sailing it that he did eventually seal the deal to buy it. It was going to stay in the fleet another year which would have worked out well for his timings. Unfortunately he only owned it for 39 days before Irma destroyed it. Luckily, it was fully insured through BVI Yacht Charters and they were prompt with their payment. Judging by the full moon in one shot you may have been there the week before us. Nice job on the video, brought back lots of memories of our week.

Yup, we were there exactly the week before you!
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/16/2018 08:36 PM

Matt,
Well done
Thanks for sharing

Mike
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/16/2018 08:50 PM

Thanks for sharing the video!! Great job! We were there May 5-16 also. We were on a Sunsail 38. Going back again this May.

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/23/2018 02:39 AM

Thanks for the kind words. We're going back the exact same week this year too. Can't wait to return.
Posted By: Kupe

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/23/2018 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by xrayman67
Thanks for sharing the video!! Great job! We were there May 5-16 also. We were on a Sunsail 38. Going back again this May.

Adrian- How did you like your Sunsail 38? We have one booked for a week next month. Can't wait!
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/23/2018 09:18 PM

Kupe, It was just my wife and I. We loved the boat. Super easy to sail short handed. Very good ventilation through the cabin at night. The swim platform lowers, which makes getting in and out of the dingy no problem. The snorkel equipment was better than what we brought. We're chartering another Sunsail 38 in May. We can hardly wait to get back!!!
Posted By: Prospector

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/24/2018 03:13 PM

What a great video. I loved your musical selections too! We are headed there this May. We have always gone in the winter in the past so I was pleased to see what May "looks like". Thanks for posting.

Re: New Trip Video! - 01/31/2018 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Prospector
What a great video. I loved your musical selections too! We are headed there this May. We have always gone in the winter in the past so I was pleased to see what May "looks like". Thanks for posting.

We have actually only ever gone in May. We don’t have kids, so we’re not bound by school schedules, and we like the fact that it’s less crowded. You’ll love it in May, but be prepared to grab a mooring ball in a tropical downpour at least once. Seems to happen at least one day per trip for us, LOL.
Posted By: TackingAg

Re: New Trip Video! - 02/04/2018 04:47 PM

Loved it. Nice to see a different approach to the vacation video! Beautiful colors.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline