TravelTalkOnline

Fishing License Application Process

Posted By: TreetopFlyer

Fishing License Application Process - 06/01/2018 04:19 PM

I applied for a fishing license last week for our upcoming trip in late June. The process was quite simple, but I had to hunt around a little for the links...

Fill out the Fishing License Application form. I knew our boat name, but not the registration #. For that blank I just inserted "In Process".

Fill out the Credit Card Authorization form. The fee is $45.00 per person.

Email both forms, and a color copy of your drivers license or passport to:
cfd@gov.vg

I received my fishing license via email the SAME DAY I applied!!

Info about fish and the seasons is at BVI Fishing Information.

Tom
Posted By: alex_sauvage

Re: Fishing License Application Process - 06/01/2018 04:38 PM

I was under impression that your boat has to be registered as a fishing vessel and everybody on board has to have their licences as well. I recall it was relatively new rule: a year or so old
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Fishing License Application Process - 06/01/2018 05:14 PM

The boat does need to be registered, you will need to get that number from your charter company. Not everyone on board needs a license. I recent charter we had 8 people aboard, 3 had licences.
Posted By: Catmandu

Re: Fishing License Application Process - 06/01/2018 05:54 PM

I think logical one pole one license five poles five licenses.
Posted By: Catmandu

Re: Fishing License Application Process - 06/01/2018 06:03 PM

Found the site for application. Don't see where you can download Credit Authorization form:

http://www.bvi.gov.vg/services/acquiring-temporary-pleasure-fishing-licence
Posted By: TreetopFlyer

Re: Fishing License Application Process - 06/01/2018 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Orange_Burst
The boat does need to be registered, you will need to get that number from your charter company. Not everyone on board needs a license. I recent charter we had 8 people aboard, 3 had licences.

The boat does indeed need to be registered for fishing, and if you have the number that's great. In my case, my charter company (MarineMax) just told me to put "In Process" on the form. Whether they actually had started the process or not I don't know, but my application was accepted.

Originally Posted by Catmandu
Found the site for application. Don't see where you can download Credit Authorization form:

http://www.bvi.gov.vg/services/acquiring-temporary-pleasure-fishing-licence

The hyperlinks for both forms are in my original post above...

Tom
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline