TravelTalkOnline

Stay/Sail

Posted By: Hoop77

Stay/Sail - 06/05/2018 08:44 PM

Does anyone know of any stay/sail crewed charters? We have two in our group who don't have the strongest sea legs and aren't ready to commit to a week aboard a cat. Thinking about a 3 or 4 night sail to start off the trip and finish up on land for another 3 or 4 nights. Virgin Gorda is our favorite place so would prefer it be our land based home, but would be willing to try another island. I've got to check this off my bucket list and am determined to get it done next year!! Any help would be greatly appreciated smile
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Stay/Sail - 06/05/2018 08:51 PM

I don't know of any organized Stay/Sail combinations anymore. They used to be quite popular and at Agape Cottages, we are planning to offer them for 2019 or 2020. We just need to find a good partner for the Sail part.
Posted By: Steve27

Re: Stay/Sail - 06/05/2018 08:51 PM

If you want to check it off your bucket list then get a crew that will stay they whole week. joy
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Stay/Sail - 06/05/2018 10:42 PM

We offered this with Patouche Charters and had several happy clients staying with us at " Chateau Relaxeau Caribe". Our rental is still a work in progress post Irma but will be fixed up quite soon and we will be offering some very good deals right on the water's edge of Little Apple Bay..including discounts for TTOLers...
Posted By: sail445

Re: Stay/Sail - 06/06/2018 12:48 AM

If a week aboard a cat in the VI is to rough then I’d suggest them finding a place on St John along with a rental car.
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Stay/Sail - 06/06/2018 11:39 AM

From the point of view of the non-sailors,

I would be fine staying at a VG resort and meeting up with the boat
at Leverick for a day sail or three and returning
for the evening
If the sailors didn't want to return to VG that many times, you could
use one of the day sails to relocate the land lovers to a second
island.

Mike
Sometimes I sit and think
Sometimes I just sit
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Stay/Sail - 06/06/2018 01:27 PM

Most crewed charters prefer not to do 3 or 4 day charters because of the turnaround costs. If you find someone who has that exact block of days open they might be willing.
G

Re: Stay/Sail - 06/06/2018 02:27 PM

Steve27, I wish it was that easy. One of the wary travelers is my husband lol.

Re: Stay/Sail - 06/06/2018 02:30 PM

That sounds wonderful Manpot! I will keep an eye out for updates on this:)
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Stay/Sail - 06/06/2018 02:50 PM

OK,
That's different
Never mind

Mike
Posted By: Steve27

Re: Stay/Sail - 06/06/2018 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hoop77
Steve27, I wish it was that easy. One of the wary travelers is my husband lol.

Ok Divorce him right now!! duh LOL We will take you on our pirate ship!! pirate duel circle HA HA Hope it works out and come up with a good itinerary for everyone.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline