TravelTalkOnline

Apple Bay

Posted By: Manpot

Apple Bay - 08/02/2018 02:17 PM

Just spent nearly a month back at CRC in Apple Bay and thought I'd post some thoughts. This was a very relaxing trip having got the upstairs decently fixed up by the end of the last trip. The downstairs rental is still , and will be, a work in progress. On our beach..the two houses west of us, Apple Surf and Casa Caribe have been fixed up with Casa Caribe already renting up and down. On the other side..total destruction next door with no sign of any work going on and, we hear, some legal problems. Calypso House next to that has a new seawall and roof..but that's it. Someone is staying upstairs at Big Apple and doing some work but the ground floor is wrecked. Next door Shifting Sands is a total wreck and no sign of work. Sebastian's is up and running with beachfront rooms and restaurant..nothing new on the menu. They are working on the Villas out on the point. Karlson's old house next door is a total wreck and may be involved in some family wrangling.( these are good times to snap up a beachfront home!!) The Sugar Mill is being worked on and we were hoping Dennis and Mary would have the greatly expanded beach bar done, but work progresses. They promise to have everything up and running in October and the new beach bar and restaurant should be stunning. Next,over in Carrot, D Coal Pot is thriving and doing good food..further down..Sappy's bar has reopened in a rebuilt building. And, we were told, Bananakeet opened right before we left. Altogether a very nice trip..more onshore variety and MUSIC!! would be nice but we are slowly getting there. Still well worth a land based stay..
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Apple Bay - 08/02/2018 02:30 PM

thanks for the update.
Posted By: steelman

Re: Apple Bay - 08/17/2018 10:06 PM

Great to hear that things are getting back to somewhat normal. On another note, I’m sitting here watching an older episode of Diners Drive In’s and Dives, and who do I think I see....It is an episode featuring a restaurant in Sanoma....yea, its Manpot and his lovely wive. Good to see them even if it’s on a 7 year old TV show....

Re: Apple Bay - 08/18/2018 03:51 AM

Yes..Sunflower Caffe on the Plaza in Sonoma..really 7 years ago??That's scary!! Thanks for the memories
Posted By: sringel

Re: Apple Bay - 08/22/2018 06:18 PM

How are the roads from Soper's Hole to Apple Bay, Carrot Bay, CGB? from Apple Bay to Long Bay to Smugglers?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Apple Bay - 08/22/2018 06:26 PM

All are in decent shape except the Long Bay to Smugglers, but it's not much different than it's normal terrible.
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Apple Bay - 08/23/2018 02:07 AM

Saw a video on FB the other day of Steve davis of the Elm skate boarding from what looked like the Sugar Mill to about where Bomba's was over nice smooth asphalt.

Re: Apple Bay - 08/23/2018 04:55 PM

Indeed...its pretty much a smooth drag strip from the Mill to where the Shack used to be..if you think it was used that way before it was repaved.....
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline