TravelTalkOnline

Lodging after sailing?

Posted By: Twells

Lodging after sailing? - 01/23/2019 05:33 PM

My hub and I are planning a special 20 year anniversary sailing trip in November 2019. After our week of sailing, we want to splurge and stay a week or two in a house. We have not been back since the storm, so I am sure everything we knew is different now. Wondering if anyone has recommendations?

We normally stay a few days in Little Apple Bay (the purple house) or Long Bay in Tortola. Just need a small 2BR hopefully near or on the water, with AC, doesn’t have to be fancy. I am open to any of the islands (except St. Thomas), but will already be on Tortola.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted By: Sunnykm

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/23/2019 06:01 PM

You should contact Manpot on this forum--He has a home with rental on Tortola :-)
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/23/2019 06:29 PM

Check with Jason at Agape Cottages. He is a sponsor here.
Posted By: ohstate

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/23/2019 11:12 PM

If you want to try Gorda, check with Tina and her crew at Guavaberry Spring Bay. She has her own cottages but also manages some nearby houses. They are near the Baths on Spring Bay.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/24/2019 01:13 PM

Our place on the water at Little Apple (three houses west of where you stayed)will be up and running by then..but we are one large studio with no A/C (not needed in November IMHO). You might check with Cheryl at Purple Pineapple..and Jason's places are lovily in CGB.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/24/2019 05:13 PM

We have openings at Adagio Villa at Mahoe Bay for Nov 2019
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/24/2019 06:33 PM

Our property is just starting to come reopen after 16 months of renovations. There are a lot of pictures on our Facebook Page and I'll be add them to our website soon.

We are only steps from the beach in Cane Garden Bay and have lots of guests that stay with us after charter.

Cheers,
Jason
Posted By: ski2play

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/25/2019 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Our property is just starting to come reopen after 16 months of renovations. There are a lot of pictures on our Facebook Page and I'll be add them to our website soon.

We are only steps from the beach in Cane Garden Bay and have lots of guests that stay with us after charter.

Cheers,
Jason

So great to hear Jason! We are a few months behind you with our renovations at Hideaway on Jost. Can't wait to get back up and running!
Posted By: Twells

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/25/2019 07:28 PM

Thanks for the help everyone. I will be checking these out for sure.
Did Sebastians come back yet? I have also stayed in the little Jr. Suites up the hill.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/25/2019 07:32 PM

Sebastians is back..
Posted By: Leverick Bay

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/28/2019 03:23 PM

Good Morning!
I would love to help you find the perfect house for your needs on Virgin Gorda - https://www.vgvirgingordavillarentals.com
We have many Villas available to choose from. In addition to those on our website we have a few that are not shown that may be perfect for you.

Happy planning for a wonderful celebration. Email me should you have any questions - becky@leverickbay.com
Posted By: Pineapple

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/29/2019 08:33 PM

Hi Terri,
Glad you are coming back again!
We have Sugar Apple available. Lovely, property with incredible view just above the bay. We would be very happy to have you. Contact Mac on ppreservations@gmail.com. or see it here on AirB&B
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/600068...k_in=2019-11-01&check_out=2019-11-08
Posted By: Pineapple

Re: Lodging after sailing? - 01/29/2019 08:36 PM

Thank you for the recommendation MAL. I apprecate it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline