TravelTalkOnline

Power Cat Bareboat

Posted By: nautignome

Power Cat Bareboat - 03/11/2019 06:08 PM

We just completed a crewed charter on a 58 ft catamaran in the BVI's this February. All of us want to come back next April/May time frame for a bareboat charter. Anyone have any suggestions for a powercat charter company? So far the only one I have found is Marine Max. Any suggestions? Advice? Guidance? We are all boaters at home but none of us know how to sail.
Posted By: Christo

Re: Power Cat Bareboat - 03/11/2019 06:17 PM

The Moorings also have powercats
Posted By: jredenbaugh

Re: Power Cat Bareboat - 03/12/2019 09:22 AM

We have use Moorings for a 393 and then a 514 bareboat. The first time was without a hitch. The second time was after the hurricane and our boat wasn’t ready. They did all they could and comp’d water toys and a few meals. Overall is has been a great experience and I would recommend them. The 514 is a beautiful boat.
Posted By: Lexington14

Re: Power Cat Bareboat - 03/12/2019 11:43 AM

Try Virgin Motor Yachts, they have bareboat and crewed power cats. It’s a great company that gives you very personalized service. They are based in Nanny Cay.
Posted By: Cjhcco

Re: Power Cat Bareboat - 03/12/2019 09:33 PM

We had a 2018 Aquila 443 Power Cat from Marine Max and had a perfect boat and trip. We did hear of a problem or two from the 484 which I believe are a few years older. I have nothing but praise for the whole crew at Marine Max.
Posted By: Droner

Re: Power Cat Bareboat - 03/14/2019 03:02 AM

We are on the Aquila 443 in May. Did you like the boat?
Posted By: Cjhcco

Re: Power Cat Bareboat - 03/14/2019 11:48 AM

I did research the boat quite a bit and the 443 is the perfect power boat for us. I have found no other close to it for the BVI. Plenty of room for three couples. The master stateroom is awesome and the two other cabins are as well. The only issue we had was the internet access was unreliable. The water maker was a nice feature to have. I will charter that same boat again.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline