TravelTalkOnline

Place to stay for 2 nights

Posted By: liasunshine

Place to stay for 2 nights - 03/21/2019 08:37 PM

Hello, we are sailing with the Moorings in December. We have 2 nights following our charter that we will need to find accommodations for. We are traveling with 2 teen boys that would enjoy some activities (like surfing, paddle boarding, hiking, etc). We would be open to staying on other islands but do fly out of Tortola mid day.

Finding locations open and operatingn has been challenging. I have found Rhymers, Leverick Bay Hotel, and Cooper Island beach club. Which of the 3 would you recommend? Others that I have not found that would allow 2 day rentals?

Thank you,
lia
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Place to stay for 2 nights - 03/21/2019 08:48 PM

Get a couple of rooms at Rhymer's..book em now though cos most places will only do three days. The kids will love CGB and you have restaurants and bars. Dont expect fancy..do expect great staff..clean and amazing location on the sand.
Posted By: ohstate

Re: Place to stay for 2 nights - 03/21/2019 09:15 PM

I think Guavaberry Spring Bay would allow a 2 day rental (Virgin Gorda) if they have availability for your dates. They do book up early though..
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Place to stay for 2 nights - 03/21/2019 09:33 PM

I don’t often recommend Scrub, but it could work for you, if you have Marriott points, or can negotiate a decent rate. They have kayaks and paddle boards, plus hiking. Big plus is it is a free ferry to the airport.
Posted By: liasunshine

Re: Place to stay for 2 nights - 03/21/2019 10:43 PM

Why would you not recommend Scrub? Is it overpriced?
Posted By: bagsarepacked

Re: Place to stay for 2 nights - 03/22/2019 06:40 PM

Check Air B and B. There are some places in Cane Garden bay that may suit you and the beach there has all the things you mention to offer.
You may want to think about staying on Tortola or Scrub as trying to catch a ferry the same day you fly could be a little stressful.
Posted By: lindakay

Re: Place to stay for 2 nights - 03/22/2019 08:22 PM

Columbus Sunset Vacation Apartments, Cane Garden Bay, have always been a fave of mine!
Posted By: Lcrich

Re: Place to stay for 2 nights - 03/22/2019 08:49 PM

Stay at Scrub! Your boys will love it. We end all of our charters there. I really look forward to being a little pampered after showering on a boat alll week
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline