TravelTalkOnline

New Aircraft for SJU-EIS

Posted By: GeorgeC1

New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/15/2019 12:20 PM

Let’s hope we see these soon in the BVI. The Cessna 402’s are well past their planned lifespans!

https://www.tecnam.com/slider-home-...e-of-first-two-p2012-traveller-aircraft/
Posted By: mainesailor

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/15/2019 01:42 PM

We love Cape Air, not only for our SJU - EIS trips but we also use them for easy access to BOS from here on the coast of Maine. Nice to see them updating some of their equipment.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/15/2019 03:58 PM

Great video on the traveler

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/15/2019 07:23 PM

It should end the issue of always having to send the bags later when the 402’s run out of weight! They plan on replacement of the entire 402 fleet.
G
Posted By: DanS

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/16/2019 01:57 AM

I never would have guessed how big Cape Air is:

"The employee-owned company, based in Hyannis, Massachusetts, has grown from three flights a day between Provincetown and Boston in 1989 to a fleet of 84 Cessna 402s, 4 Britten-Norman Islanders and 11 Cessna 208 seaplanes, with up to 400 flights a day and service to over 500,000 passengers annually."

Dan
Posted By: jphart

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/16/2019 01:58 AM

George, do you know what’s the status of Silver upgrades to their new aircraft?

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/16/2019 12:11 PM

I don’t know what a silver upgrade is to be honest. If your asking will the aircraft have a few better seats to allow FF upgrades I would say highly doubtful on a aircraft this size.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/17/2019 04:11 PM

I think he’s referring to Silver Airways

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/17/2019 05:40 PM

Oh, I was referring to Silver atrsSilver's purchase of new ATRs and eventually Seaborne's schedule?
Posted By: GlennA

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/17/2019 07:14 PM

Interesting. Cape Air announced a "double digit" order for Eviation Alice electric planes at the Paris Air show last month.

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/17/2019 08:51 PM

That aircraft is not likely to see production. As many have pointed out it’s basic design has many flaws.

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/17/2019 11:05 PM

I think Silver is taking delivery of the new aircraft. I am not sure if they plan to have them in SJU anytime soon. The aircraft has the capability to go from EIS to SJU with a full load of 70 passengers. If deployed in the market we would probably see a nice drop in airfares. They are also struggling with pilot recruitment.
G

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/18/2019 03:34 PM

In theory Silver is replacing all Saabs w the ATRs. As they absorb Seaborne, that would mean ATRs SJU-EIS

And this generation of aircraft appears to have better performance than those used by AA/Eagle in the heyday of their SJU Caribbean hub days. You know, the ones that flew like bricks! Being brand new, reliability and fuel should be much better. They will still struggle with the supply/demand and pricing issues.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: New Aircraft for SJU-EIS - 08/18/2019 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
I think Silver is taking delivery of the new aircraft. I am not sure if they plan to have them in SJU anytime soon. The aircraft has the capability to go from EIS to SJU with a full load of 70 passengers. If deployed in the market we would probably see a nice drop in airfares. They are also struggling with pilot recruitment.
G

They have a pretty lousy track record here in Florida - LOTS of teeth-gnashing on the Abacos groups - that said, they got us there and back in June with no issues...a little delay on both legs but that’s it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline