TravelTalkOnline

Marina Cay...

Posted By: Michel_Benarrosh

Marina Cay... - 10/10/2019 02:47 AM

I read that Pussers is closing at MC... Does it mean there will be nothing on the island? Will there still be mooring balls?
Posted By: warren460

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/10/2019 03:05 AM

Rumor has it that there is a new tenant for the property. Time will tell.
Posted By: Kegoangoango

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/14/2019 01:28 AM

We arrive here this afternoon around 4pm. Everything, including the fuel dock is closed. Of course, this is the low season and something may open before high season, but nothing's open now.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/14/2019 12:35 PM

Rumor is that Doug Riegels (Anegada Beach Club) is acquiring Marina Cay.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/14/2019 12:53 PM

Interesting rumour that makes sense. He could put together an attractive two island package if he fixed up, or rebuilt, the small villas etc. I believe the pockets of that gent may be quite deep. Fly into EIS..three days on Marina Cay, private fast boat picks you up and takes you to ABC..or the other way around..hmmm..I'm surprised Branson is not looking into it too..
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/14/2019 01:08 PM

He owns the Anegada ferry that already runs twice/day from Trellis, right past Marina Cay. I believe there are three similar boats, all kept on moorings in Trellis. They seem to do worker runs to VG as well.
Posted By: ligot

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/15/2019 11:17 AM

Hopeful and watching .....

With all our trips to Anegada we've never been to ABC but have made it a priority for the next trip. Mostly we've always loved Marina Cay as a stopping point and would LOVE for something good to settle in there.

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/15/2019 01:32 PM

No one hopes more than we do to see good things at Marina Cay, or would benefit more from them. Pussers was never the ideal operator, in my opinion. Doubt it will ever be as elegant as Necker, or even ABC, buts it's a great opportunity to build a really cool and vibrant outpost, akin to Coco Maya or Sugar Mill. Can't wait for the latest incarnation!
Posted By: windward2c

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/15/2019 01:53 PM

Anyone interested in Marina Cay should check out this quick story about a man who lived on the secluded and then barren place during the depression.

https://www.amazon.com/Two-Isle-Memory-Marina-Cay/dp/0393019322
Posted By: deliveryskipper

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/15/2019 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by windward2c
Anyone interested in Marina Cay should check out this quick story about a man who lived on the secluded and then barren place during the depression.

Not for $250. 😱😱😱
Posted By: dayhiker

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/15/2019 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by windward2c

About 6 months ago I found a used copy in good condition for about $45 and finally got to read it. I loved the book. The books rarely sell for less than $80 or so, so I decided that if I didn't want to keep it, I could easily get my money back.
Posted By: mainesailor

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/15/2019 07:22 PM

I found it in my library system here in Maine. I'm going to keep my eyes open for this and Our Virgin Island.....
Posted By: captmoby

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/15/2019 07:43 PM

I'm thinking that ABC might be a good fit. I sure hope so anyway. They have done a good job on Anegada anyway.

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/15/2019 07:44 PM

Or best of all, "Don't Stop the Carnival"!
Posted By: warren460

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/15/2019 11:23 PM

The movie might still be free on you tube.

Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Marina Cay... - 10/15/2019 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by warren460
The movie might still be free on you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMVhIbG_tJc&t=5s
Posted By: SailWest

Re: Marina Cay... - 11/20/2019 03:48 PM

Stopped by Marina Cay last week. Fuel and water was available at the dock. Everything else is gutted. I was told the owner of Trellis Bay's Loose Mongoose is the new tenant.
Posted By: casailor53

Re: Marina Cay... - 11/20/2019 06:58 PM

Robb White lived on Marina Cay in the '30s with his wife, and wrote "Our Virgin Island" in 1953 re-wrote it as "Two on the Isle" in 1985. Don't waste your time with the movie, especially if you have read the book(s).

I would be very surprised if the owner of de Loose Mongoose is the new tenant.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Marina Cay... - 11/20/2019 10:57 PM

I've not heard it directly from him but several sources have confirmed the owner of Anegada Beach Club is the new tenant. It makes a lot of sense as he is a construction guy and already runs a boat service near there from VG and Trellis to service the Anegada demand. I certainly hope that it's true. Doug has done amazing things for the Anegada community and would be a nice asset to that area.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline