TravelTalkOnline

Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever!

Posted By: RatmansWife

Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/04/2019 05:33 PM

Their system has never been great, but this is unbelievable. Tried to place an order online, but you can't save shopping cart. Called and was told they knew it was a problem and they were working on it. Really? In 2019, you can't save a shopping cart?

So I download the long form. I am not great with computers, but I can't figure out a way to search for items, like garlic, which isn't on the list. Nor do I see the order total anywhere.

So I call again. No one answers, and the voicemail is full! It's not even high season.

Anyone have any tips for getting this system to work?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/04/2019 08:10 PM

Use Bobby's spreadsheet. I've always had better luck with them anyway.
Posted By: Rush

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/04/2019 08:11 PM

I assume you probably did - but be sure you created a login. As long as I log-in, I have always been able to add/remove/modify my orders. I just tried again. I have never had issues with their system, but I have never had a completely correct order delivered either. I also don't typically like their "substitutions" when they don't have what I ordered. We try to order the main items (and all heavy items) online, and then make a quick stop at the store to select produce etc.
Posted By: Lexington14

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/04/2019 08:22 PM

At the top of the page on the right side there is a section called “product search”. Type in what you need but be aware that what you may call an item may not be how they list it. If you type in hot dogs it says no results, but if you type in franks you will get a number of options. I agree with Rush, if you create a login your shopping cart will be saved. Be aware that if you make changes to the amount of an item you wish to purchase you must hit recalculate at the bottom of the page. I spent way too much time on Riteway’s website trying to create a grocery order last night.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/05/2019 12:13 AM

Funny thing...our trip isn’t until May, but I was sitting in front of football and started playing around on their website (logged in) and creating a shopping cart, which I was absolutely able to save yesterday so I am not sure what the issue is. I have never had a problem ordering and submitting on their site.

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/05/2019 12:34 AM

Thanks, All. I was not logged in, although I likely have an old account. I know what you mean about the substitutions. However, the lady with whom I spoke was very clear that I couldn't save the shopping cart. So I switched to the Excel spreadsheet. I am up against it time wise, as we leave a week from tomorrow.

Bobby's has a much better system, for sure. I may go back there, although I prefer shopping at Riteway in person.

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/05/2019 12:46 AM

I turn mine in three days before arrival....
Posted By: calsail

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/05/2019 12:49 AM

Bobby’s without question.
Posted By: Rush

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/05/2019 01:32 AM

I would ignore what the lady said. I typically get eager and start my list a month or two out and as long as I login to my account, it all saves there. I will modify my list 10-15 times before finalizing and ordering. Although, definitely agree with Lexington that if you start modifying amounts or removing items, you do need to update quantities at the bottom. But it should work.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/05/2019 02:49 AM

Personally, I think you should shop where you like to shop. If you prefer one place for online orders, and a different place for in-person shopping, then just go do that.

I think most folks who have been here on TTOL for USVI and BVI for a while understand that the islands are small places and just like Small Town USA, there is familial overlap among most businesses. Smile and be seen, if folks are going to talk, at least give them a happy face to talk about.

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/05/2019 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Breeze
Personally, I think you should shop where you like to shop. If you prefer one place for online orders, and a different place for in-person shopping, then just go do that.

I think most folks who have been here on TTOL for USVI and BVI for a while understand that the islands are small places and just like Small Town USA, there is familial overlap among most businesses. Smile and be seen, if folks are going to talk, at least give them a happy face to talk about.

Agree ^^^
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/05/2019 01:56 PM

I don’t know who you are chartering with. If it’s the Moorings/Sunsail use their internal provisioning service. Easiest possible way to provision in the BVI and it’s on the boat when you arrive.

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/05/2019 03:06 PM

George, the OP has a villa on Great Camanoe. She can have provisions delivered to Trellis and have them collected from there ( or from Scrub) so her kitchen is ready for her arrival.

LOL I can now order groceries, but I have to go pick up and pay in person. It isn't Walmart, but still it is 25 miles away. Here we are in rural Maine USA , working hard to catch up to the BVI's !

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/06/2019 09:48 PM

Villa? Not exactly. No a/c, no dishwasher, no dryer, no glass in the windows! Just an unparalleled view and waterfront.

Order has been placed with Bobby's.

Re: Riteway provisioning more bush league than ever! - 11/07/2019 02:44 AM

We could call it a koombie, if that's more descriptive ?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline