TravelTalkOnline

Bio-Degradable Dish soaps

Posted By: mriley4955

Bio-Degradable Dish soaps - 01/22/2020 10:04 PM

Looking for some advice!

I just discovered something upsetting. Since I have been sailing (1972 got my first sunfish), I have been told that Joy Dish washing soap was good for the environment. Honestly I just never questioned it or even researched it until now. Come to find out, it's not what I thought it was.

I have many times, soaped up, jumped off the sugarscoops, rinsed with a freshwater washdown and was good to go. Now what am I going to do?

Does anyone have a replacement that you use? And does Riteway carry it?

Thanks,
Matt
Posted By: sail445

Re: Bio-Degradable Dish soaps - 01/22/2020 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by mriley4955
Looking for some advice!

I just discovered something upsetting. Since I have been sailing (1972 got my first sunfish), I have been told that Joy Dish washing soap was good for the environment. Honestly I just never questioned it or even researched it until now. Come to find out, it's not what I thought it was.

I have many times, soaped up, jumped off the sugarscoops, rinsed with a freshwater washdown and was good to go. Now what am I going to do?

Does anyone have a replacement that you use? And does Riteway carry it?

Thanks,
Matt

Don’t get excited, all household detergents in the USA are biodegradable and have been for the last fifty years or so.
Joy dishwasher is still available in the VI along with Dawn which also works with salt water
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline