TravelTalkOnline

Good Friday/Easter?

Posted By: Jerseyshoregal

Good Friday/Easter? - 01/26/2020 02:42 PM

We’ll be spending 6 days in the BVI over Easter weekend, including Good Friday. I booked it accidentally thinking Easter was following weekend and the hotel (Scrub) is nonrefundable. I know Soggy Dollar was closed last year for most of Good Friday. Is this true for most of the other bars and restaurants? We are planning day trips to the various islands and famous bars as it is my BF’s first time to the BVI. And what about Easter Sunday? (On the plus side, we’ll be there for a Full Moon, something I’ve never experienced in the BVI!)
Also wondering generally what the crowds are like in April. My BF likes things very lively, and I like them on the quieter side so at least one of us will be happy.
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Good Friday/Easter? - 01/26/2020 04:12 PM

Generally the bars are closed until the evening on Good Friday but the big celebration is on Virgin Gorda with the Easter parade. The islands are normally full of tourists on Easter break - the whole of March - mid April is prime time for school breaks.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Good Friday/Easter? - 01/26/2020 04:35 PM

You are right, several things will be closed on Good Friday. I think Easter is safe. Odds are that Scrub Island will have an exception and keep their bars open on Good Friday. Myett's used to do the same. I'd plan to hang at Scrub on Friday and tour other bars other days.

Cheers,
Jason
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: Good Friday/Easter? - 01/26/2020 06:00 PM

Darn it ....we will be finishing up our charter Easter Weekend also ...will need to look at the Friday thingy..we had thought of CGB that day but can switch up if needed ..

.....and yes VG has an Easter parade and it’s awesome ...marched in it this one time ....so so much fun !!!
Can not wait to see my friend Panel

Attached picture F1CFFAEE-C936-4D1F-BEF4-B635EFD4DD1E.jpeg
Attached picture 701CC6ED-D81A-4AF6-93CA-E7C4C9A026EE.jpeg
Attached picture E5CF78D2-B042-4984-9E70-3F0391EB27E9.jpeg
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Good Friday/Easter? - 01/26/2020 08:23 PM

If i remember correctly, the parade on VG is on Easter Monday

Mike
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Good Friday/Easter? - 01/27/2020 12:14 AM

Always understood that there was no sale of alcoholic beverages on Good Friday before 6 PM. Just meant to have your provisioning squared away Thursday for Happy Hour on the boat, then out to dinner after 6. Not really all that difficult if you've grown up in prim and pious New England where " blue laws" have ruled and still rule liquor sales.
Posted By: Jerseyshoregal

Re: Good Friday/Easter? - 01/27/2020 12:40 AM

Thanks all for the info. I think we can plan and make it to 6pm without booze on Good Friday. smile happy to hear about the Easter parade too - sounds like it’ll be a good time all around to visit. I’ve been about half dozen times, but not in a decade, so I’m so excited to return. 🌊🏖⛵️
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: Good Friday/Easter? - 01/27/2020 12:52 PM

If I remember correctly, hotels/motels can still sell liquor on Good Friday. At least that is what I was told on one Good Friday in the BVI's.
Posted By: sleepychef

Re: Good Friday/Easter? - 01/27/2020 01:23 PM

All hotels can serve alcohol all day on Good Friday, your BF is correct it is the busiest time of year, even busier than Christmas/New Year
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline