TravelTalkOnline

Bitter End- any updates

Posted By: cyclingdoc

Bitter End- any updates - 02/01/2020 02:35 PM

Does anyone have any updates on the Bitter End? As expected, December/January came and went without an opening. Maybe by summer or more probable next winter?

Thanks
Posted By: gordaguy2

Re: Bitter End- any updates - 02/01/2020 04:03 PM

The pace of construction is not really fast - my bet is 2021 mid year.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Bitter End- any updates - 02/02/2020 01:58 AM

There was talk of them having some sort of marina restaurant and store opening....but have seen nothing encouraging
Posted By: warren460

Re: Bitter End- any updates - 02/02/2020 11:16 AM

There are structures up over where the swimming pool used to be.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Bitter End- any updates - 03/01/2020 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by cyclingdoc
Does anyone have any updates on the Bitter End? As expected, December/January came and went without an opening. Maybe by summer or more probable next winter?

Thanks

Rumors have it they are currently shooting for an October opening. Where the pool used to be is going to be staff housing/maintenance/operations area. The new resort will have a much smaller footprint, based around where the Crawl Pub used to be. They are rumored to be opening: quarterdeck marina office and bar, sports bar, clubhouse bar (more upscale dining), retail shop, market and watersports.

We will see if October happens. If I had to guess I'd say more like Christmas 2020. The dock is brand new and ready to go, however. And moorings just need painters attached.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline