TravelTalkOnline

Great BVI day

Posted By: GeorgeC1

Great BVI day - 02/21/2020 08:52 PM

Started the day at Norman. Hit the Indians for 90 minutes to snorkle. Motored up to the old WillyT off Peter and did a quick dive. Motored up the SFD and dove the Rhône. 80 feet plus vis and zero current. Only divers in the water. Spectacular! Motored to Cooper and poached a boatyball to have lunch and swap tanks. Normally would have eaten at the beach club but boycotting due to boatyball ball. Had a nice lunch on the boat. Since we could not stay at Cooper and it was a perfect sailing day decided to head up to the north sound. Perfect sail with 12 to 14 knots of wind. As we approached the dogs and loving the sail kept on going until we hit Anegada. Anchored off Pomento point at 4 pm. Near perfect weather. Probably hit the North drop to fish in the morning and back to the main anchorage then over to cow wreck for the afternoon. Maybe however just go to Jost.
As much as I hate many of the changes in the BVI today reminded me why I love it!
G
Posted By: gordapeak

Re: Great BVI day - 02/21/2020 09:18 PM

That is nothing short of phenomenal! Glad you got to enjoy it.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Great BVI day - 02/21/2020 09:30 PM

Great to hear...look forward to the full trip report
Posted By: mriley4955

Re: Great BVI day - 02/21/2020 09:48 PM

Holy Crap, did you get up at 5 am? So much for a nice relaxed day in the BVI's

Re: Great BVI day - 02/21/2020 10:02 PM

Up about 7. Actually very relaxing day. When diving however we have all gear rigged before arriving so we can be in the water quickly and off the ball for the next guy.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Great BVI day - 02/21/2020 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
When diving however we have all gear rigged before arriving so we can be in the water quickly and off the ball for the next guy.

^^^ EXPIRIENCED!
Posted By: CaptSharky

Re: Great BVI day - 02/21/2020 10:07 PM

That sound great! Give us a fishing report from the north drop. We plan to fish it in a few weeks.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Great BVI day - 02/21/2020 10:09 PM

See you at The Elm Sunday??

Re: Great BVI day - 02/22/2020 12:25 AM

We might be able to do that. Will see if I can whip crew into agreement!

Re: Great BVI day - 02/22/2020 12:28 AM

We might be able to do that. Will see if I can whip crew into agreement!
Posted By: Kmon

Re: Great BVI day - 02/22/2020 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
Started the day at Norman. Hit the Indians for 90 minutes to snorkle. Motored up to the old WillyT off Peter and did a quick dive. Motored up the SFD and dove the Rhône. 80 feet plus vis and zero current. Only divers in the water. Spectacular! Motored to Cooper and poached a boatyball to have lunch and swap tanks. Normally would have eaten at the beach club but boycotting due to boatyball ball. Had a nice lunch on the boat. Since we could not stay at Cooper and it was a perfect sailing day decided to head up to the north sound. Perfect sail with 12 to 14 knots of wind. As we approached the dogs and loving the sail kept on going until we hit Anegada. Anchored off Pomento point at 4 pm. Near perfect weather. Probably hit the North drop to fish in the morning and back to the main anchorage then over to cow wreck for the afternoon. Maybe however just go to Jost.
As much as I hate many of the changes in the BVI today reminded me why I love it!
G

Noticed that prevailing winds were SW, so a quick trip to Anegada.

Re: Great BVI day - 02/23/2020 12:36 AM

The wind was out of the East which is what you want going to Anegada. We were close hauled in the cat coming from Cooper. It clocked around to the south and then died off to nothing today. Fishing at the drop was not good. Two Barracuda to show for 3 hours of trolling. Still looking at the Elm Sunday night but a 4 to 6 foot N swell forecast.
G
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline