TravelTalkOnline

Peter Island Restaurant Open

Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/02/2020 07:55 PM

I have not been there myself, but just saw this article posted today. Anyone have any insight?

https://www.bvitraveller.com/oceans...vRvjUf0fMNtayRM9qHUfQWkixE4_l0THWBkfn7a8
Posted By: EllenS

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/02/2020 10:48 PM

Was there a couple of weeks ago for happy hour and apps.

Very nice place, friendly staff and we enjoyed the apps. They have a nice beach they keep up with some chairs. There is a pile of kayaks. I did not ask if they were rentals or not.

It opens for lunch, which means staff gets on the island at 12:30 or so, so it is late lunch.

Hope that helps
Ellen
Posted By: TimS

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/04/2020 01:02 PM

We’re thinking of Oceans 7 for our first night out of Nanny Cay in about 10 days. We’ve usually gone to the Bight so thought this would be a change. I’m interested in how prices compare between Pirates, Cooper Beach house and Ocean 7. (First night out is Captain’s treat) Also, how quickly does Great Harbour fill up, and is there room to anchor if the mooring balls are all taken.

Thanks
Tim
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/04/2020 05:03 PM

Tim, This is our plan in June as well.
We took a ball in Great Harbour last May. I think it was the WillieT that was the big draw for a while. Still plenty balls available when we arrived around 4pm.
How that WT is back at the Bight, I would think GH on Peter will not be as crowded.
Plenty of mooring balls and room to anchor along the east side of harbour as well.
Let us know how it turns out, moorings and Oceans 7.

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/05/2020 12:56 AM

There were plenty of balls available. Not all were taken the night we were there.

I don’t really remember prices but I also don’t remember being surprised.

My gut says prices were less than Pirates. I do know we enjoyed Oceans food more.
Posted By: warren460

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/05/2020 12:58 AM

Pirates is expensive
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/05/2020 11:26 AM

Oceans 7 is owned by the Romneys' Romasco Group and was originally intended as a cruise ship excursion so it had wierd hours and did not seem to cater to charters. With the rebuild it looks like they are now going after both. Wonder what it is going to be like on a 2 cruise ship day?

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/05/2020 12:13 PM

When were we there, we were told it is owned by a group of 7 women. Maybe that is a story or maybe that is who the group is comprised of.

There certainly is money behind it, that sail is crazy up close. Everything about it was done well.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/05/2020 12:17 PM

Romney had a lot of daughters..BTW..good cheeseburger for a very reasonable price on Tortola.."Stout's Lookout". $6 cheeseburger.
Posted By: Philggct

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/05/2020 01:01 PM

We were there Saturday night and they had a buffet. Fish, chicken pasta with shrimp lots of sides. They served maybe 20 that night. Said they had 75 on Friday as a flotilla was there. Food was fine and price was not outrageous. About 6 boats total in the harbor. Beautiful quiet night.
Posted By: TimS

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/05/2020 02:21 PM

This is sounding better and better!

Tim
Posted By: windward2c

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/05/2020 02:48 PM

Is the ugly eye sore barge still moored at the mouth of Great Harbor?
Posted By: GlennA

Re: Peter Island Restaurant Open - 03/05/2020 07:20 PM

Romasco Group is Ciryl Romney ("Mr. 10%) daughters company. It is the principle ships agent for the cruise ships. Almost all shipboard booked excursions are handled by Romasco so when the Pier Park was completed they had to manufacture destinations to send the passengers in order to maintain control of the market. The Romneys own most of the west side of Great Harbor, Peter and some land at the west end of White Bay, JVD which were perfect for the purpose. I believe the JVD place was called "Oceans 7 Two".
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline