TravelTalkOnline

Lower Cost Charter Companies

Posted By: Marilyn

Lower Cost Charter Companies - 05/08/2020 02:55 PM

I have some friends who are looking for a lower tier charter company for next summer. They love the BVI's, but aren't wealthy and would like to save a little money on the boat charter. They've looked at Footloose, but are concerned that they only have one boat available for charter. I suggested they also look at The Captain's Compass.
Does anyone have any experience with either Footloose or The Captain's Compass, or have suggestions for other lower cost charter companies?

Thanks.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Lower Cost Charter Companies - 05/08/2020 03:17 PM

My 42 Leopard is one of the catamarans in Captain's Compass fleet. She has been in Brent's fleet for 6 years. During that time Brent has gone the extra step in maintaining maintenance, repairs, and in general keeping his fleet well looked after. Under Brent's care, Island Fun only moved one foot during Irma and only lost her mast while staying completely dry inside including the engine compartments. Brent replaced lost masts with BRAND NEW masts and equipment. Island Fun was in great condition when we put her in Captain's Compass's fleet and after Irma, Brent managed to have her in even better shape. We started with Brent as charterers ourselves. When we decided to buy a cameraman, Brent was the natural choice. I would encourage anyone to talk to Brent before they charter with anyone.
Posted By: Kirk

Re: Lower Cost Charter Companies - 05/08/2020 04:12 PM

I've always done well with Conch Charters....did my 7th or was it 8th charter with them this past Feb.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Lower Cost Charter Companies - 05/12/2020 08:50 PM

Sent you a private message.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Lower Cost Charter Companies - 05/12/2020 08:51 PM

Nevermind, looks like you aren't accepting private messages. I have owners time to sell for next summer if you want to get them in touch with me.

suedressler1@gmail.com
Posted By: Marilyn

Re: Lower Cost Charter Companies - 05/12/2020 11:07 PM

Thanks for the replies. My friends just chartered through Captain's Compass for next May. Now, fingers crossed there will actually be a charter season next year!
Posted By: sail445

Re: Lower Cost Charter Companies - 05/13/2020 02:26 AM

The world is not coming to an end, there will be a charter season and many more.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline