TravelTalkOnline

Charter boat insurance

Posted By: GeorgeC1

Charter boat insurance - 06/17/2020 02:21 PM

We are getting back into the hurricane season. I would advise all Charter boat owners to insure you have a copy of your insurance binder and that that all requirements for the boat are being complied with. This is important even if you are on a group policy. Make absolutely certain your policy is fully paid and not in arrears. This last point almost became a disaster for some owners. You need a copy of the binder and I would contact the insurance company to make sure the policy is fully paid and up to date.
G
Posted By: warren460

Re: Charter boat insurance - 06/17/2020 05:00 PM

Sage advice
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Charter boat insurance - 06/17/2020 05:28 PM

George, probably especially if you have a group policy! With the cash flow problems many businesses are experiencing, it would be foolish to rely on their word that bills are being paid.

The other element of insurance, which may be even harder to ascertain, is if all requirements have been met. For example, moving boats down island or to a hurricane hole. After layoffs, will charter companies have the staff to do all that is required?
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Charter boat insurance - 06/18/2020 05:57 PM

George, do you have a certain person you contact at Moorings? I haven't gotten a lot of information about our new boat and was chalking it up to COVID but definitely want to check on the insurance policy.

Sue
s/v Ripple
Martinique
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Charter boat insurance - 06/18/2020 06:13 PM

I would contact Jenn A. They are paid up.
G
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline