TravelTalkOnline

InterCaribbean

Posted By: TimS

InterCaribbean - 09/02/2020 09:05 PM

We are rescheduling our March 2020 charter that was cancelled to March 2021. In booking flights I see that InterCaribbean has no flights between SJU and EIS after March 13, 2021. Anyone know what this is about? I have emailed InterCaribbean but haven’t received a reply yet.

On the same subject, I would be grateful of alternate suggestions for return flights SJU to EIS. We are six people so private charter may be an option.

Thanks
Tim
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: InterCaribbean - 09/02/2020 09:27 PM

Other carrier options are Silver (Seaborne), Air Sunshine, and Cape Air.

I know Cape Air also does charters. I used to use Air America for charters but it's been years.

My guess on the schedule is they are only releasing 6 months at a time.
Posted By: bailau

Re: InterCaribbean - 09/02/2020 09:46 PM

We have used Island Birds...Nadia there is great to work with

They have an alternate airport to SJU that is a taxi away and saves significant money that we will use on way back home
Posted By: ecm56

Re: InterCaribbean - 09/02/2020 11:45 PM

Some carriers just don't have their systems open for accepting reservations that far in advance.
Posted By: TimS

Re: InterCaribbean - 09/06/2020 02:01 AM

Got a very nice email from InterCaribbean confirming that they haven’t posted the flights yet but will issue our new tickets when it’s done.

Tim
Posted By: sailor2009

Re: InterCaribbean - 09/09/2020 10:42 PM

Have you considered flying into STT and taking the ferry to Roadtown. We have done that several times. If your flight gets in early enough you can catch the ferry directly to Roadtown. If it gets in too late to catch the last ferry you can stay at the Windward Passage Hotel across the street from the ferry dock. Have dinner at the Oceanic restaurant and get a good nights sleep. Then catch the first ferry the next morning.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: InterCaribbean - 09/09/2020 11:08 PM

Right now there are no ferries between the USVI and BVI, and no word as to when they will resume. Anyone going to the BVI must fly into Beef Island, which is the only Covid testing location for people arriving in the BVI.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: InterCaribbean - 09/09/2020 11:12 PM

I think you mean" Oceana" for dinner..a great choice but , as said, no ferries right now..and God knows when!
Posted By: ecm56

Re: InterCaribbean - 09/09/2020 11:22 PM

Oceana looks very nice. We have not tried it yet. We often stay next door at Olga's Fancy before heading the Anegada. Good dining in Frenchtown.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline