TravelTalkOnline

Carib vs. Carib

Posted By: Guineaman

Carib vs. Carib - 12/12/2020 10:01 PM

I live in South Carolina, and for the past ten years or so, Carib was unavailable here.

Last week, I was in the big liquor store in town and saw Carib on the shelf. Yea! says I, finally! I bought one six-pack (cans) and quickly consumed it. Pretty good.

I went back to the store again and bought another six-pack. And for some reason, when I got home I looked at the label. This Carib was brewed in Cape Canaveral, FLORIDA by some outfit called the Florida Beer Company.

I posed a question on Carib's Facebook page asking about this Florida-brewed beer (under license??), but Carib never responded.

What say you, learned TTOL friends? Should I drink this stuff from Florida? Is there something going on that I should know about?

Thanks in advance and merry holidays (or whatever floats your boat) — —
Posted By: Fran

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 12/12/2020 10:07 PM

Don't know about the Carib but Cruzan Rum used to be bottled in Auburndale Fl at the FL Distilleries.
Posted By: Rumlover

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 12/12/2020 10:34 PM

Florida Beer Company is owned by the same Company that owns Carib Brewery.

https://www.craftbrewingbusiness.co...pany-making-its-first-u-s-beer-purchase/
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 12/12/2020 10:36 PM

When you buy in BVI, same label ..... So Drink up. (But it would taste much better if you were on Sea Tiger)
Posted By: Guineaman

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 12/13/2020 04:02 PM

Thanks to all for the update. I shall drink my US-brewed Carib con mucho gusto, wishing I was in the isluns.
Posted By: Ontheboat

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 03/05/2021 07:19 PM

For those of you needing your fix of Carib, Total Wine in North Texas now sells it. You'll have to check with each store first to make sure "someone" hasn't bought them out.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 03/06/2021 04:41 PM

Carib places breweries strategically to avoid paying import duties. Their home brewery is in Trinidad and they have on on Grenada. They also contract brew Guinness and others in each of these breweries.

Cheers, RickG

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 03/08/2021 04:37 AM

OK. My point is that they added a brewery in Florida and now others in the states can get the beer we prefer in de ilons. I've got several cases in my shop in East Texas and until I can travel again I'm happy to have them.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 03/08/2021 01:53 PM

Yep, Total Wine in Charlotte has it now. If you are lucky enough to get it before it sells out.
Posted By: texsuns

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 03/09/2021 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ontheboat
For those of you needing your fix of Carib, Total Wine in North Texas now sells it. You'll have to check with each store first to make sure "someone" hasn't bought them out.

Capt. D, you made my day! Heading to TW tomorrow! I'll leave Carib caps on top of the dock posts in your memory. Cheers to all on Mollie Jean, we miss you guys!

Jen
s/v Ta Keel Ahh
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 03/09/2021 03:10 AM

Nice to know it's available, though for me Carib is more of a "love the one you're with" choice :-)

Re: Carib vs. Carib - 03/09/2021 05:36 AM

Ah! Ta Keel Ahh...miss you guys! Call ahead as we may have run off with about 5 cases at this point! To MrEZgoin: so true, but you can love the one you're with ..... with the vibe of de ilons.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline