TravelTalkOnline

Phone or bracelet?

Posted By: GeorgeC1

Phone or bracelet? - 02/04/2021 10:45 PM

Can people who have done a charter post if they were required to wear bracelets or given a phone? I talked with one person who said he was given a phone since he was on a boat. They were able to dive and the dive company waived the normal 2 tank per person limit.
G
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Phone or bracelet? - 02/05/2021 02:02 AM

I would like to know what to expect too. I guess I will find out in a few days. Our experience with the watches in December is that they were not very water resistant and the plastic itself didn't hold up.
Posted By: Husker

Re: Phone or bracelet? - 02/05/2021 02:50 PM

We were there in early December and were given a bracelet tracker device that was wirelessly tethered to a main unit on a lanyard. I understand they changed to a watch-like device later in the month. The phone thing that was originally talked about was never implemented as far as I know.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Phone or bracelet? - 02/05/2021 02:58 PM

We have had people with 4 different types of tracking devices; bracelets with black box, watches, phones, and boxes on a lanyard. Most recently, they were black boxes on a lanyard. It seems to be random but in all cases you have to keep the device with you so I don't think it will help for diving unless you're prepared to break protocol and risk the fines.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Phone or bracelet? - 02/06/2021 12:17 AM

Ours were like a plastic concert wristband with a little device on it that was about the size of a watch face. Make sure you have them put it on loosely since you will be wearing it for 5 days and can’t take it off. You also get the black tracker box that is in a very nice waterproof bag, similar to the bags you can buy to put your iPhone in when swimming. We pretty much kept our boxes plugged in the whole time. My husband's box would blink red if it wasn't plugged in which is how we could tell our boxes apart.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline