TravelTalkOnline

New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer

Posted By: MrEZgoin

New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer - 02/08/2021 07:22 PM

We just received our day 0 test results ( fortunately negative ), along with what looks like a new program they are offering.
For a fee, they will send a physician out to your resort, residence or vessel and conduct a test with a 24 hour turnaround.

Unfortunately, the fees are very high: $150 per test per person, a $600 physician fee and a $200 ($300 if more than 5 people), and a $100 transportation fee.
The total to get the two of us tested on our boat would be $1200 :-)
Posted By: Will_L

Re: New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer - 02/08/2021 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by MrEZgoin
We just received our day 0 test results ( fortunately negative ), along with what looks like a new program they are offering.
For a fee, they will send a physician out to your resort, residence or vessel and conduct a test with a 24 hour turnaround.

Unfortunately, the fees are very high: $150 per test per person, a $600 physician fee and a $200 ($300 if more than 5 people), and a $100 transportation fee.
The total to get the two of us tested on our boat would be $1200 :-)

“Never let a crisis go to waste “
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer - 02/08/2021 09:43 PM

"The total to get the two of us tested on our boat would be $1200 :-)"

That's a lot of painkillers. I'll opt to head in for testing so my drink funds aren't depleted.
Posted By: jphart

Re: New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer - 02/08/2021 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Will_L

“Never let a crisis go to waste “

Indeed!

Crisis actions have consequences - and can ruin economies. Exactly why we be sailing USVI instead of BVI.
Money is fungible & so are vacation destinations.

Re: New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer - 02/08/2021 10:20 PM

Well it's just another option, maybe aimed at the superyacht crowd.

And no, not everyone can just decide to go elsewhere.
Posted By: bailau

Re: New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer - 02/08/2021 11:19 PM

for which test will they do this? Day 0, Day 4 and/or test to get back to the states?

is there a link?
Posted By: Breeze

Re: New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer - 02/09/2021 12:00 AM

Everyone gets to read this in their own wheelhouse, right ?

Re: New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer - 02/09/2021 12:14 AM

I didn't get a link... Two jpgs attached to an email, suggesting I could do this for the day four or day fourteen test. Since I've never heard of a day fourteen test I assume they took that number from the length of our stay - the return test.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer - 02/09/2021 12:53 PM

I didn't get a link... Two jpgs attached to an email, suggesting I could do this for the day four or day fourteen test. Since I've never heard of a day fourteen test I assume they took that number from the length of our stay - the return test.

There is a day 14 test for residents coming from certain countries. The list I can recall is UK, Dominican Republic, and I believe there are 2 others. It's the list of countries with high counts of the newer strains and tourists arrivals from those countries is banned in the BVI.

I got the same graphic but didn't even save it due to the high cost.

Re: New BVIHSA covid testing concierge offer - 02/09/2021 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht

There is a day 14 test for residents coming from certain countries. The list I can recall is UK, Dominican Republic, and I believe there are 2 others. It's the list of countries with high counts of the newer strains and tourists arrivals from those countries is banned in the BVI.

I got the same graphic but didn't even save it due to the high cost.

That makes more sense, thanks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline