TravelTalkOnline

Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry

Posted By: Husker

Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry - 05/20/2021 01:19 PM

Are the water taxi services now allowed to enter BVI via sea? I've been trying to get an answer from Dolphin and Island Times, but not getting a clear response. If the sea port of entry is not yet open to them, or any other private vessels, at this point, is there a estimated date when it will open up?
Thanks,
Husker, out.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry - 05/20/2021 01:23 PM

Not allowed yet. One of them, probably Dolphin, has a fly-in, water taxi out deal.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry - 05/20/2021 02:12 PM

There may be some changes around June 1. Currently the answer is no.
G
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry - 05/20/2021 05:01 PM

I sure hope you are right, George....

Re: Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry - 05/20/2021 08:58 PM

Me too. Thanks George.
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry - 05/23/2021 01:47 PM

We're booking a trip late July. I looked at the various options since we want to avoid the larger ferry and it is cheaper to just fly through San Juan and take intercaribbean airlines to tortola. Dolphin was $500 round trip per person.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry - 05/23/2021 02:12 PM

we take IC when we don't take a private charter from SJU to EIS and have had no issues...having said that it appear they are cancelling flights recently so make sure you keep up with them

Re: Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry - 05/23/2021 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by maytrix
We're booking a trip late July. I looked at the various options since we want to avoid the larger ferry and it is cheaper to just fly through San Juan and take intercaribbean airlines to tortola. Dolphin was $500 round trip per person.

Hi Matt - For us it turned out flying into EIS was hundreds more per person than STT + Water Taxi. For our group of 7 the Island Times Water Taxi cost is about $250pp round trip (including the taxi from STT to Red Hook).
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry - 05/23/2021 02:50 PM

Another option people sometimes forget is Southwest to SJU (doesn't appear on Google flights) and Cape Air. Buy the coupons and it is $200/ticket.

Re: Water taxi services - Alternative to ferry - 05/23/2021 03:43 PM

I wasn't aware of the Cape Air coupon deal. Thanks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline