TravelTalkOnline

New buoys

Posted By: Nibj

New buoys - 06/02/2021 09:26 PM

The BVI has added buoys and improved their position. We have seen new buoys at Anegada, on the way in to Oil Nut Bay and today witnessed a very smart looking launch put one on the point outside Spanish Town.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: New buoys - 06/02/2021 09:39 PM

The entrance to Cane Garden Bay is now marked by 2 red and 2 green. All currently have lights and are in the correct location for a safe entry although that location may not agree with your chart.
Posted By: louismcc

Re: New buoys - 06/03/2021 03:44 AM

I remember coming to Cane Garden Bay in July of 2018 when I don't believe any of the markers (there may have been one) were back in place. I had navigated into there back in the day before there were any markers but still it was disconcerting to not find buoys that were expected to be there. I have a fairly low trust level in where the chartplotters show the channel. Good to see that despite having a no-tourist year there have been navigation improvements.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: New buoys - 06/03/2021 12:56 PM

Not to try to steal the thunder from the BVI government here, but Oil Nut Bay maintains and pays for those buoys on their own. Not gov managed
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline