TravelTalkOnline

RT-PCR Test from Europe

Posted By: Zanshin

RT-PCR Test from Europe - 06/05/2021 09:48 AM

It looks like I can finally travel to the BVI next week but after checking flights (Germany - Netherlands - SXM - EIS using KLM and LIAT airlines) and hotel accommodations I have hit upon a potential snag. The only RT-PCR Test that I can do locally delivers results in German and via a secure QR-Code to an app. Has anyone here traveled to the BVI with a non-English RT-PCR test result and has it been a problem?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: RT-PCR Test from Europe - 06/05/2021 02:32 PM

Just told Arndt ( Zanshin) and am posting here..Chateau Relaxeau Caribe has gold seal approval from the BVI Gov. We are not officially renting yet but we will help out our TTOL pals if they need an overnight or two..
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: RT-PCR Test from Europe - 06/05/2021 02:47 PM

Sorry, Mal, how is this relevant to the topic?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: RT-PCR Test from Europe - 06/05/2021 10:14 PM

Arndt was worried he couldnt bunk here because of the Gold Seal. We are not charging $$ just trying to help out in this mess...many are very confused and I am just trying to help, not profit.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: RT-PCR Test from Europe - 06/05/2021 10:37 PM

OK, that's fine. It's just his post didn't say anything about that..
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: RT-PCR Test from Europe - 06/06/2021 04:37 AM

Thanks Mal - I'll be seeing you next week, if all goes well. I contacted a local doctor who said that he would give me a PCR test that shows results in both German and English for the BVI, and I'll be taking another test (the fast test) the day before flying to satisfy my transit through St. Martin. My European cellphone doesn't work in the BVI, but I hope that isn't a show-stopper upon arrival.

I can already visualize sitting on the porch at CRC with the sound of the surf in my ears and the incredible view... and a cold beer in hand...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline