TravelTalkOnline

US CDC Says BVI are level 4 -no Travel

Posted By: Gypsyczar

US CDC Says BVI are level 4 -no Travel - 06/09/2021 01:58 PM

Just got an alert from the US state department that the CDC has deemed the BVI's a level-4 no travel country since they cannot determine the status of the Covid infection numbers. Unless things change I have every intention of doing my carter beginning Jul;y 7
Might be time for the BVI government to publish reliable Covid infection numbers since this will probably negatively impact tourism.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: US CDC Says BVI are level 4 -no Travel - 06/09/2021 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gypsyczar
Just got an alert from the US state department that the CDC has deemed the BVI's a level-4 no travel country since they cannot determine the status of the Covid infection numbers. Unless things change I have every intention of doing my carter beginning Jul;y 7
Might be time for the BVI government to publish reliable Covid infection numbers since this will probably negatively impact tourism.

Check the CDC Travel Notices here. The British Virgin Islands is actually not a level 4. It is "Unknown" as of June 7, 2021 according to the current information on their website.

The State Department did however issue a Do Not Travel advisory because of the Unknown rating from CDC. Very strange considering the weekly publication of the COVID cases and vaccination information.
Posted By: crmoores

Re: US CDC Says BVI are level 4 -no Travel - 06/09/2021 02:23 PM

Thanks for the correction Jason...
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: US CDC Says BVI are level 4 -no Travel - 06/17/2021 08:38 PM

Just an FYI, this has been resolved.

US State Department rating

CDC rating
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline