TravelTalkOnline

Entry based on antigen test

Posted By: Gypsyczar

Entry based on antigen test - 06/17/2021 04:18 PM

Since it is now June 17 and the "new" entry requirements for fully vaccinated folks only require a positive antibody test Vs a PCR test on Jun 15 has anybody been successful using the portal or gaining BVI entry on only the antigen test? The board has been silent on this question
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/17/2021 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Gypsyczar
Since it is now June 17 and the "new" entry requirements for fully vaccinated folks only require a positive antibody test Vs a PCR test on Jun 15 has anybody been successful using the portal or gaining BVI entry on only the antigen test? The board has been silent on this question

The BVI requirements do not allow for a positive antibody test. They require a negative RT-PCR test or negative "approved rapid antigen test" within 5 days or arrival.
Posted By: captmonk

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/17/2021 04:29 PM

Hey Jason, Do we know which "approved rapid antigen test" can be used?

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/17/2021 04:47 PM

Ian posted something yesterday that he had a conversation with Lynette Harrigan from the tourist board and was told "One of the questions I asked was about the rapid antigen test for fully vaccinated arrivals. So long as the result is from a certified laboratory it will be accepted. No home tests !!"
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/17/2021 06:49 PM

We arrived yesterday using an antigen test from our health center (University of Michigan). It was the Sophia test. We were approved at the 24 hr before arrival mark.
Posted By: Husker

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/18/2021 02:00 PM

Jason - I'm still not seeing any info on when the water taxi folks can resume inbound services. Have you heard anything on when that might open up.

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/18/2021 02:21 PM

Nope. These announcements are always a surprise. Planning would be a lot to ask for.

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/25/2021 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by captmonk
Hey Jason, Do we know which "approved rapid antigen test" can be used?

They finally released a list of approved rapid antigen tests.
Posted By: louismcc

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/25/2021 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht

Today we had our pre-trip test at CVS and their antigen test is LumiraDx SARS-CoV-2 Antigen (Ag) Test which doesn't seem to be on the UK list. However it on the FDA site as being authorized so I plan to use it for our group.

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/25/2021 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by louismcc

Today we had our pre-trip test at CVS and their antigen test is LumiraDx SARS-CoV-2 Antigen (Ag) Test which doesn't seem to be on the UK list. However it on the FDA site as being authorized so I plan to use it for our group.

Lots of people have been using CVS so I think it will be fine.
Posted By: dmax

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/28/2021 12:34 PM

Just to be clear - have lots of people been using the CVS rapid test for BVI clearance?

Re: Entry based on antigen test - 06/28/2021 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by dmax

Just to be clear - have lots of people been using the CVS rapid test for BVI clearance?

Yes, that is my impression. Many people on the facebook groups have been using the CVS Rapid Antigen test to enter the BVI.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline