TravelTalkOnline

Nightly Curfew from July 6th

Posted By: Zanshin

Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/06/2021 10:39 AM

The recent outbreak of COVID-19 has prompted the BVI government to initiate a curfew starting July 6th from 23:00 to 05:00 for 14 days

BVI News article
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/06/2021 12:22 PM

Bad news...
Posted By: louismcc

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/06/2021 04:34 PM

We have reservations tonight for the upstairs at Leverick. Hope they don't get canceled. Planning on eating at Oil Nut tomorrow and at least 2 places in Anegada. I guess we'll do early reservations and hope for the best.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/06/2021 04:49 PM

Louis - there is now a capacity limit for restaurants. I would confirm/check with the establishments to see if anything has changed.

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/06/2021 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver
Louis - there is now a capacity limit for restaurants. I would confirm/check with the establishments to see if anything has changed.

I saw that which is why I'm concerned (probably ok at Leverick) and would be really disappointed if it impacted our Anegada plans. I've been thinking about dinner at Wonky Dog for months!
Posted By: bailau

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/06/2021 07:20 PM

when we were there we got a contact tracing text from Leverick...

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/06/2021 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by bailau
when we were there we got a contact tracing text from Leverick...

We ate dinner downstairs last night and filled one out.

Heading tomorrow to spend the day at Oil Nut Bay. They have limited hours but did take an early reservation from us.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/06/2021 09:39 PM

then Leverick texted us that someone at Leverick was positive but by then we had been to Anegada for 2 days, Scrub, CGB, and were on our 3rd day at White Bay JVD so not much we could do by then...fortunately we were all negative on the exit test

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/06/2021 10:14 PM

Upstairs at Leverick confirmed tonight's reservation and we're set for dinner at Oil Nut Bay tomorrow. Nova isn't open so we're eating at the Beach Club. They requested early reservations so their employees can be back on Tortola before curfew.
Posted By: steve74

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/07/2021 01:27 AM

If you see a big group that is about to order at the Beach Club, try to get your order in first. The night we were there a week or so ago, a large to go order came in from a boat for pizzas and we waited for our pizzas for almost an hour and a half. We didn’t complain and just had a few drinks, but they comped our meal, which was really nice of them. Also, the outside showers in the Beach Club bathrooms are fantastic. However, the hot water will run out if a lot of people are taking showers - so you may want to beat the crowd with that as well. Have fun!
Posted By: MiamiJay

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/07/2021 04:30 AM

Daniel runs a great place in Beach Club at ONB … the people, their level of service and the food are all excellent. We had a few meals there and also pizza by the pool. We are now looking to spend a week there in January.

Re: Nightly Curfew from July 6th - 07/07/2021 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by MiamiJay
Daniel runs a great place in Beach Club at ONB … the people, their level of service and the food are all excellent. We had a few meals there and also pizza by the pool. We are now looking to spend a week there in January.

They were very helpful getting us backed into our slip. Backing into a slip with 20 knot winds on the nose was an adventure but with their help, including jumping into our dinghy and use it as a tugboat to push the bow around, we got it done.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline