TravelTalkOnline

American requirement

Posted By: Galeaux

American requirement - 10/10/2021 10:02 PM

Some of our crew flying American are seeing that the Puerto Rico portal is required. There is nothing on their site that says anything about NOT having to do it if you are not leaving the airport. I tried to fill it out, but you have to select where you are staying and you can’t go any further. Any thoughts on how to satisfy the American checkin agents?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: American requirement - 10/11/2021 12:27 PM

Early on, one of the airlines here forced people to fill it out. They were instructed to pick the airport hotel. It also won't let you choose a same day departure, so pick the next day.
Posted By: paw

Re: American requirement - 10/11/2021 03:11 PM

I'll be connecting through SJU to EIS as well. (Nov 5 and Nov 14). I sent an email asking that same question to the email address on the Puerto Rico gov't website that gives the COVID requirement info. I'll post if I hear back.
Am I to assume that we'd need to be tested 72 hours prior to arrival in SJU?

Re: American requirement - 10/11/2021 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by paw
I'll be connecting through SJU to EIS as well. (Nov 5 and Nov 14). I sent an email asking that same question to the email address on the Puerto Rico gov't website that gives the COVID requirement info. I'll post if I hear back.

Vaccinated travelers flying from the US to PR, there is no test required.
Posted By: paw

Re: American requirement - 10/12/2021 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by paw

It's not the trip down I'm concerned about but rather the return - EIS - SJU - FLL.
I'm thinking we'd need a negative test to return through SJU even if we're just passing through. I believe International travelers need a negative test to return to the US, vaccinated or not. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm guessing that's where the BinaxNOW comes into play.
Posted By: TreetopFlyer

Re: American requirement - 10/12/2021 05:02 AM

You’re exactly right. You need a negative test to return even if you’re just passing thru SJU. The check in agent for your flight out of EIS will ask for the negative result.

We were moored in Diamond Cay, and did the proctored BinaxNOW test via Emed. 15 minutes later we had the results downloaded to our NAVICA app. Showed that to the check in agent and all was well!

Just be sure you have a registered login with Navica for each individual prior to leaving the states. It was our understanding that is necessary, but not totally sure about that. Easy to do regardless.

Tom

It's not the trip down I'm concerned about but rather the return - EIS - SJU - FLL.
I'm thinking we'd need a negative test to return through SJU even if we're just passing through. I believe International travelers need a negative test to return to the US, vaccinated or not. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm guessing that's where the BinaxNOW comes into play.[/quote]

Re: American requirement - 10/12/2021 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by paw
Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by paw

I'm guessing that's where the BinaxNOW comes into play.

PR doesn't actually care and will not ask for the results. The agent in the BVI will ask and then you're done with the results.

I was able to install the app and register from the BVI but it can't hurt to do it before you come down.

Have your connecting information available to show the National Guard. That will eliminate the need for the PR portal.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline