TravelTalkOnline

New COVID-19 Self-Test Option for return to U.S.

Posted By: ecm56

New COVID-19 Self-Test Option for return to U.S. - 10/23/2021 02:26 PM

I recently stumbled across this new COVID test that apparently can be used for travelers returning to the U.S. from foreign countries (i.e., subject to the CDC rules). I have not seen anyone mention this kit on social media so . . . caveat emptor!

The Kit is called RapidReturn from City Health. It appears that the kit works in similar fashion to the Abbott BinaxNOWâ„¢ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services that has been used extensively by visitors returning from the BVI to the U.S.

RapidReturn COVID-19 Test Kit

NewsWire Press Release about RapidReturn COVID-19 Test Kit

One bit of information I did not see (and I have e-mailed them for clarification) - they say the test kit is "Shelf Stable" but don't indicate how long it is viable. That has been an issue with the eMed/Binax test kits. I will post if/when I get a response from them.

If anyone has experience with this kit, please add to this thread!

[Additional Information]

I received a response to my e-mail (which in itself was refreshing). They responded that the kits they are selling now have an expiration date of 3/30/2022 so their expiration appears to be about 6 months.

[More Information]

The kit is apparently the Quidel Quick Vue test with a proctor service.

[Yet More Information]

This test does not require an app to be loaded in order to process the test. "You just need a device with internet access and a camera."
Posted By: gsm

Re: New COVID-19 Self-Test Option for return to U.S. - 10/24/2021 06:43 PM

Great information. Thanks! Have you seen any posts from anyone who has successfully used the results of a self-test for return to the U.S.
Again, thanks for sharing that info...great alternative to making a reservation at a local clinic.

Re: New COVID-19 Self-Test Option for return to U.S. - 10/24/2021 06:48 PM

Not yet. I am planning to use it but my next return from the BVI to the U.S. will be in February. I will post a message if I see results (good or bad) from others on social media.
Posted By: DanS

Re: New COVID-19 Self-Test Option for return to U.S. - 10/24/2021 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by gsm
Great information. Thanks! Have you seen any posts from anyone who has successfully used the results of a self-test for return to the U.S.
Again, thanks for sharing that info...great alternative to making a reservation at a local clinic.

This thread has a post from someone who has used self-tests:
http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubb...testing-for-return-to-us.html#Post266326

Dan cheers
Posted By: gsm

Re: New COVID-19 Self-Test Option for return to U.S. - 10/24/2021 07:43 PM

Thanks Dan. Much appreciated.

Re: New COVID-19 Self-Test Option for return to U.S. - 10/24/2021 08:43 PM

This is a proctored self-test very much like the eMed/Abbott tests. As far as I can tell, they should be accepted by the U.S. for re-entry.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: New COVID-19 Self-Test Option for return to U.S. - 10/25/2021 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by gsm

Have posted here many times about myself and others using the tests successfully for entry to the BVI and the US.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline