TravelTalkOnline

Mooring Locations by Saba Rock / BEYC

Posted By: johcherry

Mooring Locations by Saba Rock / BEYC - 11/15/2021 01:28 PM

We are preparing for a thanksgiving trip and plan on making the ride to Saba Rock. From the boatyball app, I can only see a few moorings that are usually reserved early in the day. Are there other locations to tie up? Are Bitter End's mooring balls up and running? Any other options near by? (i.e Oil nut bay etc)
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Mooring Locations by Saba Rock / BEYC - 11/15/2021 02:49 PM

There are 14 or so balls off Saba Rock. There are probably 50 BEYC balls that are next to Saba rock. From other posts it appears they are being reactivated and inspected. There are also several good spots to anchor and the holding is good.
Posted By: NWA4Sail

Re: Mooring Locations by Saba Rock / BEYC - 11/15/2021 02:56 PM

We spent 11/4 on a mooring ball at Saba. There were 4 or 5 boaty balls closest to Saba and another fcfs balls behind. These were full by the time we arrived around 2:30.. On the otherside of the ferry channel, in front of BEYC there were many mooring balls with pennant attached.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Mooring Locations by Saba Rock / BEYC - 11/15/2021 05:23 PM

Saba has 6 reserved boaty balls and 6 fcfs balls. There are a number of balls nearby at BEYC that have been re-done and have pendants, but are not being collected for. I have seen some boats tied up to them. It's somewhat unclear if that's ok or not.
Posted By: BVIcharlie

Re: Mooring Locations by Saba Rock / BEYC - 11/16/2021 12:04 AM

Mooring at BEYC is permitted when I was down last winter.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline