TravelTalkOnline

Getting to Anegada for New Years

Posted By: ligot

Getting to Anegada for New Years - 11/17/2021 02:42 AM

First, good to be back on this side of the forum. Due to covid we moved our charter boat Tortuga over to USVI and added a crew so it's really changed how we sail the Caribbean!

But we miss BVI and Anegada and were thinking of trying to do Anegada on land for NYE.

We're trying to balance time and $ for flights or ferry or a night on Tortola or something to make getting there a possibility.

Coming from PHL, it gets us to EIS pretty late on most trips and I have no idea how we'd get to Anegada the same day. Another option is staying overnight on Tortola and taking the ferry the next day but for a short trip that seems too much.

We can get to either SJU or STT fairly easily. Would love to be able to fly from either to Anegada but have no clue who flies that or how expensive it is.

We've received a lot of great sailing advice here, anyone have really good flight or land based experience in getting to Anegada without a sailboat? TIA for any help.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Getting to Anegada for New Years - 11/17/2021 03:53 AM

Island Birds flies in from EIS. Will be a private charter so a bit pricey but it is doable.
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Getting to Anegada for New Years - 11/17/2021 11:26 AM

You cannot fly directly into Anegada from SJU or STT because international arrivals are not currently allowed at the Anegada airport.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Getting to Anegada for New Years - 11/17/2021 12:16 PM

If the airport opens for international arrivals again, the best/cheapest charter is with Ace Flight Center from STT.

Otherwise, I'd suggest flying to EIS, staying overnight nearby and taking the Anegada Express from Trellis Bay. But that depends on your day of travel. Anegada Express runs on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Other days (except Tuesday) it's the regular ferry from Road Town.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Getting to Anegada for New Years - 11/17/2021 01:52 PM

If you go to SJU and charter they can fly you to EIS and clear customs, you can re board and go straight to Anegada.
G
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Getting to Anegada for New Years - 11/17/2021 03:28 PM

Air Margarita or Island Birds can fly you from SJU.
Island Birds, Capitol Air, or Ace Flight Center (Cleo Hodge) can fly you from STT.
Either way you will have to go to EIS to clear in, then you can continue on to Anegada.
When we did this in April, when testing was required, we were on the ground at EIS for less than an hour.
Hopefully they will open up NGD for international arrivals soon and we will be able to fly non-stop.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Getting to Anegada for New Years - 11/17/2021 03:33 PM

Hope you can make it. We will be there.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Getting to Anegada for New Years - 11/17/2021 07:20 PM

We are on Anegada now. I’ll post more later. I could not get us here in one day from CLT. With Jason’s gracious help we had a wonderful first night at the Wyndham Lambert Beach. Anegada Express Ferry at 7am the next morning and on the island by 8:45am.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline