TravelTalkOnline

One night in St. Thomas

Posted By: JCfromNC

One night in St. Thomas - 11/18/2021 10:07 PM

Hi folks. I know this has been asked before but I'm not sure how to search for the latest thread. AA has just changed the actual date of our flight in January and has us getting in too late to make it to JVD. Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced (less than $500) hotel on St. Thomas for one night? We may take a shot at one option in St. John. Making it to BVI is too much arriving at 5:55 PM. Any suggestions are appreciated. Or if you can direct me to an existing thread on the subject.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 11/18/2021 11:54 PM

We always stay at Olga's Fancy. It's near the ferry dock and it's in Frenchtown which has several nice restaurants. Also an easy walk to anything along the waterfront in Charlotte Amalie.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 11/19/2021 01:18 AM

An added bonus to Olga’s Fancy is Oceana right next door. Wonderful restaurant. It is difficult to find lodging for one night on St. John. Maybe Estate Lindholm?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 11/19/2021 01:54 AM

Olga's Fancy has always sounded good to me, EXCEPT for all the stairs. I really can't negotiate a lot of stairs these days, so be warned if that is an issue for you.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 11/19/2021 11:26 AM

I always stay at The Emerald Beach if I can get in! Seems to be booked out a lot recently..second Oceana for amazing food, service and ambiance..Olga's is in my future but staying at The Windward Passge this time..nice rooms but not my favorite..OK for an overnight across from the ferry dock and near Frenchtown ( and Oceana). If not Oceana I love The French Quarter Bistro..Olga's is in my future..
Posted By: Husker

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 11/19/2021 11:27 AM

We had friends come over yesterday who stayed at Windward Passage Wednesday night. They said it was fine. They also said they had an excellent dinner at a Spanish restaurant near by....Amalia's (?)
Posted By: ecm56

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 11/19/2021 02:02 PM

Since Irma/Maria Olga's Fancy has a cottage right on the water with two units. We try to stay there if possible. They are the newest rooms and no steps!
Posted By: JCfromNC

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 11/19/2021 04:10 PM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think we got the last room at St. John Inn for the night that we needed as they accept 1 night stays. I think we can line up our water taxi to JVD from there. I will record your recommendations for future reference. Now you guys have me interested in those restaurants you mentioned.
Posted By: Don SV Soggy Dog

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 11/22/2021 03:38 PM

We stayed at Windward Passage in August for a night. It was 1 night too many.
Posted By: indianafanatic

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 12/04/2021 09:37 PM

I personally cannot couch for Emerald Beach, at least not on 12/04/21. 90 minutes after we were promised a room. At 5pm, we're were given a key to a room, but it did not work. At 5:15, we notified the front desk staff off the issue.
Almost 30 minutes later, they are swamped and completely ignore our presence. We've spent hours & $$$ at their bar and restaurant while eaiting, but no one cares about anything, because it's "not their responsibility".

0/5 stars; Do not recommend staying here.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: One night in St. Thomas - 12/05/2021 02:21 AM

Why are you already in St. Thomas? You said you booked a week charter.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline