TravelTalkOnline

new funny

Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

new funny - 12/03/2021 08:00 PM

Has anyone booked these for New Years? According to the article, they are ready to go!
Posted By: BombaCharger

Re: new funny - 12/03/2021 08:09 PM

No Way
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: new funny - 12/03/2021 09:06 PM

Yachting magazine had an article about BEYC making it seem like it was already open as well.
Posted By: Time Will Tell

Re: new funny - 12/03/2021 09:09 PM

Selling the dream....!
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: new funny - 12/03/2021 09:09 PM

After having moored there this week I can tell you that they are absolutely ready to go. Hahahahahahaha.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: new funny - 12/03/2021 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver
After having moored there this week I can tell you that they are absolutely ready to go. Hahahahahahaha.

any signs of them building something like this?

Re: new funny - 12/03/2021 09:32 PM

Not at all. Only two small villas are up (on land) next to restaurant area. That is it. Soooooo much work to do. Docks look nice though and the mooring balls are excellent.
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: new funny - 12/05/2021 01:22 PM

They seem to fall back on overly-optimistic with a little mistruth thrown in. I remember seeing them at a boat show not too long after Irma and they had me convinced they would be open in 2019. When I questioned how that was possible when it looked like nothing but bare ground, they told me they had all the buildings pre-assembled off site and it was just a matter of bringing them in. They also tried to sell me on the idea of having small villas available for purchase "in phase 2 coming soon".
A friend on island was told recently that come hell or high water they would be open before Christmas this year. I think I shouldn't hang my hat on that either.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: new funny - 12/05/2021 02:50 PM

All depends on the definition of "Open".
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: new funny - 12/07/2021 04:23 PM

The Tourist Board just posted the link to that article on Facebook. Some people are saying they’ve seen the bungalows and they’re almost done 😆
Posted By: maytrix

Re: new funny - 12/08/2021 03:16 AM

Over water in the BVI? So not only would wind be an issue in a future hurricane but the waves too? Seems like a very bad idea. I thought that's why we had boats, best kind of over water bungalo in my opinion.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: new funny - 12/12/2021 02:13 PM

I can 100% confirm BEYC will be open in some capacity before Christmas. They are going to have bookings for Marina and Mooring balls available through their own website. How much and what F&B is open is yet to be determined.

They have two of these "over water bungalows" near completion if not already done. They are directly south of the new Quarterdeck Marina office and bar. I personally hate the location (no privacy, looking right at the docks) but yeah. They're there. There's just not as many of them as shown in the renderings in the articles

Re: new funny - 12/12/2021 06:20 PM

Great to hear that you will be able to reserve mooring balls on their website. The two little villas look cute but their placement does not lend itself to true overwater appeal - maybe shoreline…..
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: new funny - 12/13/2021 01:39 PM

For the Boaty Ball hatred crowd - BEYC will have 15 or so "reservable moorings". No "24 hours in advance opening" - they will just always be open and reservable at any time. The rest will be first come, first serve and collection will be done via launch boat and captain.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline