TravelTalkOnline

Re-entering USVI from BVI

Posted By: hathead

Re-entering USVI from BVI - 12/10/2021 01:47 AM

I understand that we now must show a negative Covid test within 5 days to come back into USVI from BVI on the ferry. Aside from the home testing kits, does anyone have suggestions on how to get tested in Tortola before getting on the ferry to come back? Or can we take the ferry to CA and get tested in St Thomas before boarding the plane? It's not clear to me. We plan to arrive at the marina at 8 am on the last day and catch the 11:30 ferry back to Charlotte Amalie. That would give us a couple of hours in Road Town to get tested. I would rather do it on the last day than interrupt our charter mid-week, but will do whatever is necessary. Suggestions? Thanks!
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Re-entering USVI from BVI - 12/10/2021 01:50 AM

Most of the labs in the BVI are now offering Rapid Tests.

Attached picture BVI HSA COVID-19 Testing Sites - 12-6-2021 - onedotone.jpg
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Re-entering USVI from BVI - 12/10/2021 01:52 AM

Based on what you have described, your best bet might be The Wellness Center. Located in Pier Park.

Attached picture The Wellness Center at Pier Park for COVID Testing.jpg
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Re-entering USVI from BVI - 12/10/2021 02:34 AM

Are you going to be in Jost Van Dyke the day before you leave? They have a clinic at Great Harbor that I have heard is an easy place to get your testing done. It is within walking distance.
Posted By: TRIM

Re: Re-entering USVI from BVI - 12/10/2021 02:44 AM

I am pretty sure you need to have your test before you arrive in STT/ Charlotte Amalie. That is your arrival into the US.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Re-entering USVI from BVI - 12/10/2021 02:53 AM

You will need to have your negative test done and submit to the USVI travel portal - the ferry check in requires the portal approval.
Posted By: hathead

Re: Re-entering USVI from BVI - 12/10/2021 03:11 AM

Thanks for all your quick responses!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Re-entering USVI from BVI - 12/10/2021 12:47 PM

You need to test at least a day before in order to get the results, submit to USVI travel portal, and get your approval. Sometimes the portal takes 24 hours to approve.
Posted By: dawretired

Re: Re-entering USVI from BVI - 12/15/2021 08:43 PM

We re-entered USVI by water taxi on Friday 12/10 using emed BINAX NOW test we took (proctored) at YVD on Thursday. Uploaded to USVI portal, got green QR entry permit back within an hour. Water taxi and US customs at Cruz passed us through without any questions.
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Re-entering USVI from BVI - 12/16/2021 06:05 PM

We just left BVI yesterday by ferry to St Thomas. At this time, if you are taking the ferry back to St Thomas you need a covid test within 5 days. We did our self test during our "happy hour" at the bar at Anegada Reef Restaurant using their WiFi four days before our departure. You then need to feel out the USVI portal. All very easy. If you're flying out of the BVI, you have to test no more than one day out.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline