TravelTalkOnline

Timing - Road Town to STT

Posted By: Zanzibar

Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/29/2021 01:16 PM

Friends,

Have seen this addressed before but cannot find it.

Scheduled for United flight departing STT at 5:50 on Friday evening.

No private water taxis available so catching the Native Son 2:30 (only other option was 7:30 am) ferry to CA.

Any reason to be concerned with the timing?

Thanks.
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/29/2021 01:23 PM

Yeah, they are advising all flights arrive 3 hours before their flights. You should take the earlier ferry
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/29/2021 01:29 PM

Unless you have Global Entry and physically have your cards, and use a porter, this likely will not work. STT can be a complete zoo. Not sure of the cutoff for United. AA is three hours before flight. We fly Delta.

I would take the early ferry and spend the day at the Emerald Beach Resort.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/29/2021 01:32 PM

If no checked baggage I would say it’s doable. If you have global entry it’s a big help. There should however be a 11:30 ferry. What day are you traveling?
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/29/2021 03:08 PM

If the ferry is late leaving the dock, which happens plenty and is out of your control, you will miss your flight. Too many things to go wrong to take a chance.
Posted By: Husker

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/29/2021 03:24 PM

The 230 ferry would work if everything is on schedule and the airport is not crowded. Not sure if Friday is a big travel day there. What happened to the 1130 ferry? Sold out? I've never had an issue finding a water taxi. Did you try everyone?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/29/2021 06:52 PM

Take the morning ferry..cab to Emerald Beach one mile from the airport.Have breakfast /lunch and relax pre flight..
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/30/2021 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
Take the morning ferry..cab to Emerald Beach one mile from the airport.Have breakfast /lunch and relax pre flight..

Excellent advice. Great place to spend a few hours.
Posted By: Zanzibar

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/30/2021 01:38 PM

Thanks for all the advice. Will endeavor to change out ferry tickets tomorrow from 2:30 to 7:30. Apparently 11:30, which would have been perfect, is not an option.

FWIW, did try all the private ferries I could identify and none had availability.

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/30/2021 02:31 PM

I think you are bring had by a ferry company trying to force you onto their ferry. The Toad Town Fast Ferry is scheduled for the 11:30 tomorrow and their website shows it operating with seats available. Unless you have spoken directly with them and they told you different I would call them.
G

https://www.roadtownfastferry.com/
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/30/2021 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
I think you are bring had by a charter company trying to force you onto their ferry. The Toad Town Fast Ferry is scheduled for the 11:30 tomorrow and their website shows it operating with seats available. Unless you have spoken directly with them and they told you different I would call them.
G

https://www.roadtownfastferry.com/

I doubt a "charter company" is trying to force the OP onto the 7:30 Native Son Ferry.

Re: Timing - Road Town to STT - 12/30/2021 02:50 PM

I meant Ferry company. I changed the post.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline