TravelTalkOnline

Tortola beaches

Posted By: macaroni

Tortola beaches - 01/22/2022 09:04 PM

Last minute change on our Oceania cruise has us stopping in Tortola. Should we taxi to Cane Gsrden Bay or ferry to Virgin Gorda and rent a car? We are in 7 go 7…guess will be more 7:30 by the time we can get off…thanks!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Tortola beaches - 01/22/2022 09:10 PM

Know that many on the ship will head to CGB..if you get your own taxi he might take you to Brewer's or a less crowded beach. Getting back and forth to VG might be a bit of a rush but worth it if you can co ordinate the ferry..
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Tortola beaches - 01/24/2022 02:56 PM

I'd recommend seeing if there is an excursion available on Aristocat to see some great snorkeling locations in the BVI with lunch and a great crew!

If you do come to Cane Garden Bay, call ahead and reserve a table for lunch at Indigo Beach House(284 343-5503). They have great food and plenty of beach chairs. It will keep you out of the crowded areas.
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Tortola beaches - 01/24/2022 04:37 PM

Another vote for Aristocrat. They do a fabulous trip.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Tortola beaches - 01/24/2022 05:09 PM

Two great suggestions..highly recommend Indigo Beach House for food, drinks, and relaxation..right on the sand wit Vishaal as your pleasant host. The other suggestioin, Aristocat, is a great one too. As said ..if you go to CGB head west and you'll find Indigo House towards the end and away from the masses.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Tortola beaches - 01/24/2022 09:22 PM

We went to CGB….we were the only ship in port today with only 600 passengers. There were very few at the beach. Had a great day.Thank you for the suggestions!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Tortola beaches - 01/24/2022 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by macaroni
We went to CGB….we were the only ship in port today with only 600 passengers. There were very few at the beach. Had a great day.Thank you for the suggestions!

Glad you enjoyed. Sorry, I didn't realize you were coming today or I could have warned you that Indigo and Quito's are both closed on Monday.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline