TravelTalkOnline

How safe is your server?

Posted By: Manpot

How safe is your server? - 02/10/2022 06:39 PM

We are all required to prove vax and Covid test to stay in the BVI's...but...some restaurants are employing staff, servers, bartenders etc that refuse to having the vax. Some of these have been refused employment back at their old jobs that insist on proof and have just gone down the road and been employed by another place that does not ask for proof or does not care. A word to the wise..and how can the BVI Gov. justify this double, triple or quadruple standard??
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: How safe is your server? - 02/10/2022 07:02 PM

Be nice if you knew in advance which restaurants followed safe hiring practices for service staff. I would definitely prefer going to a place where everyone is vaxed over one where the risk is higher. If course, the same holds true for the states...
Posted By: TIMRIM

Re: How safe is your server? - 02/11/2022 04:55 PM

Crazy indeed. with all the mask mandates being lifted in the States, and being told the Vax doesn't really work against the new variant, I think we are in the realm of it doesn't really matter.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: How safe is your server? - 02/11/2022 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by CarolinaSailor
Be nice if you knew in advance which restaurants followed safe hiring practices for service staff. I would definitely prefer going to a place where everyone is vaxed over one where the risk is higher. If course, the same holds true for the states...

At Quito's and Gene's everyone is vaxxed.
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: How safe is your server? - 02/11/2022 10:06 PM

Great to know. Thanks.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: How safe is your server? - 02/12/2022 12:16 PM

Vac may not "prevent" Covid in all cases (just like Flu shot "prevention" rate is usually 60-80%).

Vaccine does significantly decrease the severity of Covid infections in most people.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline