TravelTalkOnline

Departing the BVIs questions

Posted By: Cleobeach

Departing the BVIs questions - 02/17/2022 12:17 PM

Hello

Can someone point me in the right direction for departing Covid BVI protocols? I can’t seem to find anything about departing, only entering

We are US citizens flying home via SJU.

We have emed proctored tests to take but no access to a printer. Do we need to provide paper copies or are the emailed results ok?
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 02/17/2022 12:39 PM

You don’t need a printer. Just a screen shot of the PDF of negative test result. You’ll upload that along with your vax card to the USVI travel poetal
Just like you do for entering the BVI. You’ll get a green QR code that you screenshot as well.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 02/17/2022 12:46 PM

If you are fully vaccinated I don’t believe you need to fill out a portal to fly thru San Juan? Don’t you just show your test results taken 1 day before departure?

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 02/17/2022 01:07 PM

Oooops. Missed the SJU part
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 02/21/2022 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by macaroni
If you are fully vaccinated I don’t believe you need to fill out a portal to fly thru San Juan? Don’t you just show your test results taken 1 day before departure?

correct, no PR portal if you are in transit.
Posted By: jmark

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 02/22/2022 01:59 PM

Are you supposed to physically show your vax card upon entry into and out of BVI, or is it required to be uploaded somewhere? Or are these (vax cards) just stored in a database and you just physically show your Covid test results physically to the immigration officer both inbound and outbound to the BVI?

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 02/22/2022 02:30 PM

jmark - our recent experience inbound - St. Thomas to Tortola via private water taxi we presented paper copies of our vaccine cards and negative test results to the BVI customs agent.
Outbound Tortola to St. Thomas via Cape Air we presented our vaccine cards and a digital copy (screenshot on our phones) of negative test result to the gate agent at EIS (Tortola airport).
We were still required to upload both items to the USVI travel portal to get our green QR code to enter the St. Thomas airport.
(this was our experience in the last 10 days)
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 02/22/2022 04:11 PM

The dr office we go to has a patient portal as an app for my iphone. My vax card is loaded on there. BVI customs was fine viewing that last November as I forgot to print it out before we left. Now Apple will allow you to save it to your Wallet. I've used that locally with no issues.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 02/22/2022 06:25 PM

They wanted the actual vax card when we arrived at EIS last month. I bring paper copies of everything but they wanted the card. Same drill last two trips.

On departure to USVI via water taxi last month they were Ok with the paper copy. USVI customs in St John just wanted the passport, National Guard the QR code.
Posted By: jmark

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 02/22/2022 07:29 PM

So not to beat this to death, on the outbound back to the States (USA) routing from EIS thru SJU no portal is needed to upload anything, you just have to present a negative Covid test (along with a Passport of course) and nothing else such as Vax card, any other documentation, etc.?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 02/22/2022 08:18 PM

You are correct if you are a US citizen. I would however bring your vaccination card. The agents at EIS may not be up on the rules.
Posted By: Bo Scott

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 03/04/2022 02:08 PM

the last time we where there was October and we had to take a covid test at the ferry dock in Road Town. Is this still in effect? Someone in our party for April hear if you are tested less than 48 hours before entry into BVI you do not have to go through that entry test.

Thanks

Bo
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Departing the BVIs questions - 03/04/2022 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bo Scott
the last time we where there was October and we had to take a covid test at the ferry dock in Road Town. Is this still in effect? Someone in our party for April hear if you are tested less than 48 hours before entry into BVI you do not have to go through that entry test.

Thanks

Bo

Correct for vaccinated traveler, if you have tested within 2 days of arrival, no test at the ferry dock. For example, if you are arriving anytime today (3/4) and have test with a date of 3/2 or 3/3 (anytime) you will not be asked to test at the ferry dock or airport.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline