TravelTalkOnline

TeleHealth Question

Posted By: Flynny70

TeleHealth Question - 02/25/2022 02:40 PM

Hi - I just want to confirm with those who have travelled recently from the US to BVI. Is the BinaxNow Telehealth test acceptable for entry into the BVIs (assuming it has been no longer than 48 hours) or do they prefer a rapid test from CVS/Walgreens?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: TeleHealth Question - 02/25/2022 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Flynny70
Hi - I just want to confirm with those who have travelled recently from the US to BVI. Is the BinaxNow Telehealth test acceptable for entry into the BVIs (assuming it has been no longer than 48 hours) or do they prefer a rapid test from CVS/Walgreens?

Still, yes!
Posted By: Flynny70

Re: TeleHealth Question - 02/25/2022 02:52 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: ohstate

Re: TeleHealth Question - 02/25/2022 02:52 PM

Doing that today! Fingers crossed.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: TeleHealth Question - 02/25/2022 02:53 PM

We did it last week, guest did it Saturday. Worked like a charm!
Posted By: SacoFrank

Re: TeleHealth Question - 02/25/2022 04:55 PM

Does anyone know if they are picky on the time stamp? Ex: does it need to be within 48 hours of your arrival time in BVI?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: TeleHealth Question - 02/25/2022 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by SacoFrank
Does anyone know if they are picky on the time stamp? Ex: does it need to be within 48 hours of your arrival time in BVI?

They are not. In practice, it's 2 days.
Posted By: SacoFrank

Re: TeleHealth Question - 02/26/2022 05:23 PM

Thanks Jason!

Re: TeleHealth Question - 02/27/2022 12:46 PM

Arrived EIS yesterday. EMed tests worked perfectly. We used BVI Concierge Services at entry. They met us on the tarmac, walked us through everything ahead of others on the plane. They had all our paperwork ahead of time, had filled out forms, etc. We had a short wait at immigration while they took care of it but they got us through relatively quickly without waiting in line. There was a flight that arrived just before us waiting in the customs and immigration line that was out the door. We were walking over to Trellis to catch our ferry and even made happy hour at the market before the rest of our flight was out of the health check area. Well worth the $60 per person given how tired and cranky we sometimes feel after a long day of traveling.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: TeleHealth Question - 02/27/2022 01:44 PM

The largest group we have ever encountered at EIS was 6 - but we always fly the small planes. I could see using the concierge in the past when portals/approvals etc were part of the equation but $60 per person is pretty steep just to walk you through the arrival steps. Just my opinion.Makes the red caps (porters) at STT seem like a steal.

Re: TeleHealth Question - 02/27/2022 05:32 PM

There were at least 20 in line from the earlier flight, plus we had another 14 or so. It was really worth it yesterday but we don’t plan to fly into EIS again as long as VG airport is open. Wasn’t when we booked last fall.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline