TravelTalkOnline

Any recommendations for book swaps?

Posted By: TechieTechie

Any recommendations for book swaps? - 02/28/2022 12:51 AM

Hi,

Any recommendations for book swaps on Tortola? Would prefer not to head into Roadtown if I can avoid it, but have books, will travel.

Thanks
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Any recommendations for book swaps? - 02/28/2022 03:14 AM

The Sugar Mill has a big library up by the pool that I swap all the time..

Re: Any recommendations for book swaps? - 02/28/2022 01:36 PM

Thank you, I assumed they could be found at some of the hotels, but didn't want to crash locations unnecessarily. Thank you again

Re: Any recommendations for book swaps? - 02/28/2022 04:18 PM

Heads up, the managers approched me the minute I drove onto the property and pressed me where I received the information and said the grounds were for yes only. Would not suggest folks use Sugar Mill as a book swap
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Any recommendations for book swaps? - 02/28/2022 07:24 PM

My bad..I guess I get special priveleges there...but I am a regular customer who spends $$ at the bar and restaurants..sorry if I guided you wrong.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Any recommendations for book swaps? - 02/28/2022 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by TechieTechie
Hi,

Any recommendations for book swaps on Tortola? Would prefer not to head into Roadtown if I can avoid it, but have books, will travel.

Thanks

How long are you on island? Our library at Coconut Breeze Villas is relatively small but always open to shaking a new hand and letting you take a look.

Re: Any recommendations for book swaps? - 02/28/2022 11:35 PM

Manpot, it's okay. They asked me who referred them and I was so taken aback I just blanked. I appreciate the assistance, you're a special asset here on the forums (I didn't want to get you into hot water).

Jason, I'm here for 2 weeks...and my luggage is still in transit. I would love to swing by (I'm dying for a new book..until my silly luggage finally arrives) smile
Posted By: toast

Re: Any recommendations for book swaps? - 03/01/2022 10:35 AM

I know you said no road town, but right across from ferry is a store that trades in used books. My hubby picked up a few for reading while we were on Island last week for a few bucks total. Just in case you may venture that way

Re: Any recommendations for book swaps? - 03/01/2022 01:27 PM

Thank you @toast. I wish I had known that yesterday as I braved my way into town for groceries. And I missed Nook being open by 5 minutes (grr). Looks like a great bookstore.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Any recommendations for book swaps? - 03/01/2022 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by TechieTechie
Jason, I'm here for 2 weeks...and my luggage is still in transit. I would love to swing by (I'm dying for a new book..until my silly luggage finally arrives) smile

Unfortunately, I am currently off island but will reach out when I'm back if you are still around.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline