TravelTalkOnline

Anegada Lobster Dinner

Posted By: MACC60

Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/16/2022 09:49 PM

We (crew of 9) will be heading to Anegada in a few weeks and would like to have drinks and a great Lobster dinner. I know there are a few different places, and everyone has their favorite place but I would like to get a consensus of which one is the best.
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/16/2022 10:00 PM

We like both Potters by the Sea and The Wonky Dog, totally different ambiances.
Posted By: Breeze

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/16/2022 10:07 PM

Be sure to reserve and order early and ask if you'll need to regroup into 2 smaller parties. Give the host restaurant some grace to make sure you have a good time.
Posted By: DaveZ

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/16/2022 10:42 PM

Just had dinner at the Lobster Trap, 3rd or 4th time. They did not disappoint, and a pretty decent wine list, for the islands.
Posted By: Husker

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/16/2022 10:56 PM

Potters, Wonky and Lobster Trap are all good. Had dinner at Lob Trap in Feb.....best lobster I've ever had. Also had a great dinner at Wonky last December. As was mentioned, call ahead for reservations.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/16/2022 11:04 PM

Anegada Reef Hotel is very good for grilled lobster. We also enjoy the view!

Attached picture 20180522_190702.jpg
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/16/2022 11:39 PM

We have had great lobster at Anegada Reef but last November (before lobster season opened) we had the worst and soggy lobster ever. I’m assuming it was frozen Wonky had always been good. Last time in December we had great lobster at Lobster Trap. We are returning in June and as of now we are planning on Going to lobster Trap.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/17/2022 03:03 AM

I am gong to deviate from the norm and recommend SIDS. Yes, you need a taxi from the mooring field but the service, ambience and sunset views are only topped by the food. Excellent lobster and ribs and the conch ceviche is the best anywhere. Second on my list would be Wonky. Lobster Trap disappointed in December and January.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/17/2022 03:28 AM

Sid's is fantastic and probably the most "upscale". Sid's is relatively new. Wonky Dog has been a favorite over many trips. Lobster trap past 2 trips and was outstanding. Potter's also good as well as Anegada Reef Hotel
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/17/2022 12:44 PM

In a nutshell all listed above make very good lobster. Unlike my wife, I personally prefer my lobster in a dish. The lobster pasta at ARH and Potters is fantastic. But my new favorite is the Lobster Tacos at Sid's. As MIDiver said, the ambience and sunset views are very nice. Plus Sid is a big teddy bear that I love having a few drinks with. Absolutely beautiful bar. All in all, you can't go wrong just about anywhere on Anegada.
Posted By: Midsouth

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/17/2022 12:58 PM

I always seem to decide on Potter's. I don't need or want upwcale-I, and the people I sail with, want fun and good times to go with a consistently well-cooked meal. Potter's may not always be the best, but I'm never disappointed in my grilled lobster, have fun with Sam before dinner, and love the beach party and music afterwards.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/17/2022 01:07 PM

Not being a lobster fan I love The Wonky Dog for the best lamb shank I have ever had..while my pals love their lobster.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/17/2022 01:43 PM

I had a great Lamb shank at the Wonky Dog as well!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Anegada Lobster Dinner - 03/17/2022 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Breeze
Be sure to reserve and order early and ask if you'll need to regroup into 2 smaller parties. Give the host restaurant some grace to make sure you have a good time.

Should be no reason to regroup into smaller parties. Everyone on Anegada is used to catering to charter boats with 8+ people.

My first choice is Potter's for traditional Anegada grilled lobster cooked old school over torchwood in a steel drum.

I also love all the food at Wonky Dog and it's my first choice for a higher end gourmet dining experience on Anegada. I consider it among the top 5 restaurants in the BVI.

Sid's at Pomato point is a new favorite since it open. I've never had lobster there but I'm sure TessyAnn does a nice job.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline