TravelTalkOnline

current USVI AND BVI ENTRY and EXIT procedures

Posted By: prcn

current USVI AND BVI ENTRY and EXIT procedures - 03/28/2022 02:02 PM

So we have 2 families travelling from Charlotte, NC to ST Thomas via air and then a water taxi to the BVI and water taxi back to ST Thomas at the end of the week. (April 2-9)
I am trying to get all this confusing requirements ironed out.

Step 1: for Air Travel from USA to ST Thomas, upload vaccination cards for everyone to the USVI travel portal and get a green clearance. Do this about 5 days before travel.

Step 2: for entry to the BVI by water Taxi we will provide vaccination cards and a negative COVID test within 48 hours. We will use the eMed BINAX Now on Thursday evening before our flight on Saturday morning.

Step 3: Leaving the BVI by water Taxi to St Thomas, we will need to upload vaccination cards and another negative COVID test to the USVI travel portal within 5 days. We will use the eMed BINAX Now about 3-4 days before leaving the BVI.

What did I miss?

Thanks.
Posted By: DaveZ

Re: current USVI AND BVI ENTRY and EXIT procedures - 03/28/2022 04:15 PM

You will need insurance as well to enter BVI. I was there last week and they checked at the ferry and then again at C&I in Roadtown.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: current USVI AND BVI ENTRY and EXIT procedures - 03/28/2022 04:30 PM

I would do your Binax Now tests for entry on Friday instead of Thursday just in case you experience any travel delays.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline