TravelTalkOnline

Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022

Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/09/2022 11:04 AM

https://bvi.gov.vg/travel-protocols

Under the Fully Vaccinated header there is something that confuses me-it calls for a "Travel Authorisation Certificate". Think this is from the BVI portal, but fully vaxed individuals are exempt from completing the BVI portal? Possibly a holdover from previous version that they forgot to remove?

It appears they removed the covid insurance requirement for fully vaccinated travelers.

It also appears that they are removing a rapid antigen test as an acceptable test for unvaccinated or partially vaccinated adult travelers, accepting only PCR tests. At least they have removed reference to the antigen test from these categories.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/09/2022 12:35 PM

If Vaccinated, it is easy.

If anyone in your group is unvaccinated, I would strongly suggest not going currently unless traveling for 3-4 or more weeks.
Posted By: musacch

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/09/2022 01:50 PM

My read of the April 7 update also leads me to believe the insurance requirement for fully vaccinated travelers has been removed.

Anyone disagree?
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/09/2022 04:58 PM

No disagreement.That’s what the OP just posted above.
Posted By: nevar37

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/09/2022 05:14 PM

Will vaccinated travelers and unvaccinated minors, with negative tests within 48 hours of arrival, have to pay the $175 entrance fee?
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/09/2022 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Deepcut

If anyone in your group is unvaccinated, I would strongly suggest not going currently unless traveling for 3-4 or more weeks.

Completely agree - I also plan to continue to carry insurance with quarantine provisions as a safeguard. You never know. We also carry Medjet annual insurance.
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/09/2022 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver

Completely agree - I also plan to continue to carry insurance with quarantine provisions as a safeguard. You never know. We also carry Medjet annual insurance.

Which insurance are you using for the quarantine safeguard?

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/09/2022 09:00 PM

I found a very cost effective option in GoReady Insurance through Squaremouth.com. It covers medical expense, medical repatriation expense and quarantine accommodation expense reimbursement. Total cost ranges for a ten day stay from $24 to $40 per person, age dependent. Rated highly.

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/10/2022 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by maytrix

Which insurance are you using for the quarantine safeguard?

I use Trawick’s Safe Voyager plan purchased through Insubuy. Have used the last three trips.

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/10/2022 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by musacch
My read of the April 7 update also leads me to believe the insurance requirement for fully vaccinated travelers has been removed.

Anyone disagree?

Ian Clark (Conch) just posted on BVI Abroad that they confirmed with the BVI Health Ministry that travel health insurance is still required.
Posted By: macaroni

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/10/2022 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by CarolinaSailor
I found a very cost effective option in GoReady Insurance through Squaremouth.com. It covers medical expense, medical repatriation expense and quarantine accommodation expense reimbursement. Total cost ranges for a ten day stay from $24 to $40 per person, age dependent. Rated highly.

Carolinasailor- how can you tell that it covers quarantine….I can’t seem to find that wording. Thanks!
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/10/2022 12:21 PM

Anyone disagree?

Ian Clark (Conch) just posted on BVI Abroad that they confirmed with the BVI Health Ministry that travel health insurance is still required.

Even when there were no insurance requirements, we have always had medical evacuation coverage. I don't understand people balking at the relatively small cost of these policies.

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/10/2022 12:32 PM

I had the same question. If you look through the fine print, it seems they are covering it through the medical quarantine provision (they are adapting a pre-covid policy for post-covid use I think). I called their rep and they confirmed coverage would show up when I printed the confirmation of coverage. Elect the $2000 coverage when you first do the GoReady section, and it clearly prints out on the Confirmation of Coverage letter they send you with the receipt and contract. The COC is issued for each person covered. If you need further info, call customer service. I found them very knowledgeable.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Updated BVI Travel Protocols April 7, 2022 - 04/10/2022 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by RatmansWife

Anyone disagree?

Even when there were no insurance requirements, we have always had medical evacuation coverage. I don't understand people balking at the relatively small cost of these policies.

Having recently used my medical evacuation coverage and avoided paying out of pocket for a $60k flight, I strongly encourage everyone to carry this coverage.

My policy is under $500/person/year so the value is definitely there.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline