TravelTalkOnline

Is “boaty ball” worth it?

Posted By: Nancyandlen

Is “boaty ball” worth it? - 04/13/2022 01:20 PM

I was all set to sign up for this…until I started reading reviews. Seems like it’s more of a hassle than it’s worth. Trying to make reservations at 7:00 AM and none available by 7:01. I’d rather sleep in and take my chances. And chances of getting anywhere near Cooper is not going to happen. Your experience and thoughts appreciated.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Is “boaty ball” worth it? - 04/13/2022 03:14 PM

You need a high speed internet connect to get a ball at Cooper. Cellular just won’t cut it. I am basically 100% getting a ball from a very high speed Internet connection for friends. I am near zero using cellular for myself on the boat. If you want to go to Cooper head over before 1 pm and you should be able to get a FCFS ball.
One other thing I have observed is multiple people on different accounts all trying to get a ball for the same boat. Might be worth checking back at 7:05 if some groups get two balls and cancel one.
G
Posted By: Husker

Re: Is “boaty ball” worth it? - 04/13/2022 03:16 PM

Cooper is a popular stop early or late on most charters. So, midweek its a little less crowded. There are still a fair number of FCFS white balls. If you arrive by noon or early afternoon you should be able to snag one.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Is “boaty ball” worth it? - 04/14/2022 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1

One other thing I have observed is multiple people on different accounts all trying to get a ball for the same boat. Might be worth checking back at 7:05 if some groups get two balls and cancel one.
G

Yes so True.

Make account... Don't sign up for premium. If you are up by 7:00, try it... IF it works for you, great... if not, there are lots of options. If I get a BoatyBall, I feel better about sailing later...sometimes much later.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline