TravelTalkOnline

Conch Island Anegada

Posted By: Tarheelnani

Conch Island Anegada - 04/17/2022 01:10 AM

We’ve been to Anegada many times but never to Conch Island. Can we go without a guide. We are bareboating on a power cat with a dinghy. Also we’ve always gone to Big Bamboo for lobster, what’s your favorite place to eat? Thanks so much.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Conch Island Anegada - 04/17/2022 12:29 PM

Conch Island is far dinghy ride and you don't want to get stuck...we use Captain Kelly or you could use Sherwin for tour and would suggest that approach. It is redlined for boats but we have seen large boats there

Dinner Wonky Dog or Potters...they are all good
Posted By: Nibj

Re: Conch Island Anegada - 04/17/2022 01:18 PM

We had a nice evening at the Anegada Beach Club a year ago. They picked us up at the dockside in a free shuttle.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Conch Island Anegada - 04/17/2022 05:04 PM

It's a lot of coral heads to get by safely before you get there plus it's a long way. I wouldn't try it. Have Sherwin take you; plus you get a history lesson along the way and he'll know where to take you to sneak up on the flamingos, will make fresh ceviche on board, and drop you for some incredible drift snorkeling.

You can't beat the experience of a local guide!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Conch Island Anegada - 04/17/2022 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
It's a lot of coral heads to get by safely before you get there plus it's a long way. I wouldn't try it. Have Sherwin take you; plus you get a history lesson along the way and he'll know where to take you to sneak up on the flamingos, will make fresh ceviche on board, and drop you for some incredible drift snorkeling.

You can't beat the experience of a local guide!

Totally agree to this approach!
Posted By: Nancyandlen

Re: Conch Island Anegada - 04/17/2022 09:42 PM

How do I find Sherwin?
Posted By: bailau

Re: Conch Island Anegada - 04/17/2022 10:16 PM

Here is Kelly who we have used 5x

https://www.facebook.com/AnegadaTours/

and Sherwin

https://www.facebook.com/teamworkfishing/

Good luck
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht