TravelTalkOnline

Any discussions locally about dropping pre-arrival testing

Posted By: steve74

Any discussions locally about dropping pre-arrival testing - 06/11/2022 12:52 PM

For those of you who live on Tortola, have you heard of any discussions related to removing the pre-arrival testing requirement?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Any discussions locally about dropping pre-arrival testing - 06/11/2022 02:27 PM

Not yet but fingers crossed..I came back by ferry on Monday and the checking of paperwork seemed a little more "relaxed" ( shall we say). I'll post here if I hear or know anything..

Re: Any discussions locally about dropping pre-arrival testing - 06/11/2022 02:41 PM

Thank you Malcolm! We are sitting here in limbo trying to decide if we are a go or no go for this Friday. My 16-year-old had COVID with only one day of symptoms on Wednesday (very mild), but she is still testing positive on rapid tests. The doctor says that he can give us a letter to say that she’s OK to travel, but I worry that the government there would not accept it. We have not placed the final order for provisions, alcohol, and paddleboard rentals. So far, the rest of us are clear. It would be a huge relief if they would drop the testing requirement obviously! Fingers hurting they are so crossed!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Any discussions locally about dropping pre-arrival testing - 06/11/2022 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by steve74
Thank you Malcolm! We are sitting here in limbo trying to decide if we are a go or no go for this Friday. My 16-year-old had COVID with only one day of symptoms on Wednesday (very mild), but she is still testing positive on rapid tests. The doctor says that he can give us a letter to say that she’s OK to travel, but I worry that the government there would not accept it. We have not placed the final order for provisions, alcohol, and paddleboard rentals. So far, the rest of us are clear. It would be a huge relief if they would drop the testing requirement obviously! Fingers hurting they are so crossed!

they will not accept it. must have a negative test.
Posted By: mfringsley

Re: Any discussions locally about dropping pre-arrival testing - 06/13/2022 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by steve74

You may have made the cut after all! I just listened to the new Covid requirements and a physician recovery form will be accepted. Talk about dodging a bullet!

Re: Any discussions locally about dropping pre-arrival testing - 06/13/2022 11:55 PM

She is testing negative now, but I’ll be somewhat nervous until we land in Tortola and make it through customs!
Posted By: maytrix

Re: Any discussions locally about dropping pre-arrival testing - 06/14/2022 11:47 AM

Good luck! Have a great trip!

Re: Any discussions locally about dropping pre-arrival testing - 06/14/2022 12:28 PM

Thank you! We are scrambling to get everything ready, but we are excited! Our oldest is graduating from high school tomorrow, so this family time in such a magical place is cherished!
Posted By: Crimson_Tide

Re: Any discussions locally about dropping pre-arrival testing - 06/15/2022 10:33 AM

We are doing the same, heading down tomorrow for our 5th trip to BVI’s but first taking the kids. Have a recent grad as well and excited to show them tropical paradise, especially before the real world of college begins wink
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline