TravelTalkOnline

Tortola East End

Posted By: GeorgeDog

Tortola East End - 06/19/2022 03:05 PM

After 17 years away we're returning to the BVI in two weeks for our fourth trip. We'll have three twenty-something first timers with us. I'm trying to decide where to overnight between Cane Garden Bay and Virgin Gorda. Probably would have done Marina Cay in the past but it is looking pretty sparse at the moment. I've never been ashore in Trellis. I have overnighted in Cam Bay on Great Camanoe but was thinking something more fun for the crew this time. Scrub has obviously flourished since we last had dinner there. What are your thoughts on that general area? Am I missing any possibilities? Thanks in advance.

Posted By: Manpot

Re: Tortola East End - 06/19/2022 03:42 PM

Trellis has improved and I love "Marche" the Sushi restaurant and hear good things about "Da Loose Mongoose". I am persoanlly not a SCrub fan so that would not be on my rada
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Tortola East End - 06/19/2022 06:02 PM

Personally, I wouldn’t overnight anywhere between the two. We’ve done that sail many times. Not a bad sail.
Posted By: GeorgeDog

Re: Tortola East End - 06/20/2022 02:32 PM

I'm fine with the length of the sail. Just trying to mix things up but the overnight options along that route aren't getting me excited. Thanks for the replies!
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Tortola East End - 06/20/2022 02:41 PM

If it's calm, Lee Bay is a beautiful spot. Both Loose Mongoose and Marche are very good.
Posted By: Husker

Re: Tortola East End - 06/20/2022 03:14 PM

Marina Cay is still a nice place to stay for a night in spite of the loss of the facilities there. The mooring field is protected and the snorkeling at Diamond Reef is some of the best in the VIs.
Posted By: FrozMargNoSalt

Re: Tortola East End - 06/20/2022 08:15 PM

We had dinner twice last week at Loose Mongoose in Trellis Bay....very good. Just be patient and remember to smile!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline